submit your questions for the doctor regarding COVID-19 and dysautonomia here

Pistol

Hi - we are getting ready for the presentation by Dr Blithsheyn about COVID and dysautonomia. If you have any questions regarding this subject to be answered at the end of the session ( see speaker series advertised on top of forum page ) please post them here so they can be used. Thanks!

I am curious if Longhaul post COVID syndrome is similar to other post-viral conditions, like post-viral malaise? I know of many people that developed tachycardia and orthostatic intolerance after COVID but improved after weeks. Could it simply be due to deconditioning and stress on the body?

I quote CDC data:

Since April 2021, increased cases of myocarditis and pericarditis have been reported in the United States after mRNA COVID-19 vaccination (Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna), particularly in adolescents and young adults. There has not been a similar reporting pattern observed after receipt of the Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine (Johnson & Johnson).

Could this imply a risk to us Dysautonomia/POTS patients?  Should we wait a bit more to get the jab?  What is the correct way to approach my cardiologist about my concern over the vaccines and the cardiac risk it opposes to young adults?

Thanks.

@Nelson G. - the webinar is over, so we no longer can send these questions to the docs. But IMO the decision to vaccinate should be made by you and your physician, considering all of the factors that may apply to your particular diagnoses. Not even in healthy individuals can the response to any vaccine be predicted, so there is always a risk, no matter what the medication or vaccine.