Hyper-POTS and vaccination

Scout

Hey folks,

Just wondering if anyone who has hyper-POTS specifically, has had the covid vax, and how they have gone?

I'm likely getting mine soon and am nervous, mainly because I am very sensitive to all medications and only need to micro-dose meds to have a full effect.

Have been hearing that some people with POTS have flared quite badly after their jab (of course, I'd rather a flare than get COVID, but it's all quite tricky to navigate for those of us with pre-existing chronic illness).

@Scout - from what i have read on this forum most people did relatively well with the shot. Some flared a bit, but most seemed to have overcome the side effects after a few days. Even here where I live most people did well with the shot. I know of two people who were made to get the shot right after getting COVID naturally and they got a bit worse symptoms from it. 

I have hyper POTS and I got the first Moderna shot Feb 5th and the second March 3rd. I had a sore arm for the first one but didn't notice much else. The second one my arm swelled a bit more and I might've felt a little worse than normal for a day but that was it. Since no one around me is vaccinated I'm glad I got it early. I'll get a booster the first chance I get. But I have no way of knowing how well I responded since I'm immunosuppressed so I still wear a well fitted N95 mask inside when I go out and will continue to do so until I feel like it's safe.