POTS And Vagal tone

MarcoS108

Does anyone on here use coffee enemas to improve their vagal tone? I know cardio is supposed to be good for the vagus nerve (heart rate), but coffee enemas are also supposed to be really good in terms of the digestive side of the vagus nerve as well as triggering the gag reflex and gargling. These are the brain exercises listed in Dr. Datis Kharrazian’s book “why isn’t my brain working” which was referred to me by my functional neurologist.

11 hours ago, MikeO said:

Too be honest outside of being really constipated i have never heard of this.

Yeah, the stretching of the rectum from the liquid is supposed to stimulate parasympathetic reflexes and the caffeine itself stimulates peristalsis so it’s supposed to have a synergistic affect versus just a water enema. There’s more info on it in case anyone is interested. I just know there seems to be a lot of digestive complaints with POTS and I’ve rarely had any myself. I was doing coffee enemas before I got diagnosed and then started doing them more frequently when I got diagnosed.

@MarcoS108 For most POTS sufferers enemas of any kind have been found to cause increased symptoms. I myself would most certainly pass out and even have seizures from the vagal stimulation ( I have HPOTS with autonomic seizures as well as NCS ). Enemas can have severe effects on BP and HR, even in healthy individuals, so I would practice caution to anyone with POTS.