Had Some Visitors Today

MikeO

@MikeO - I have to protect my garden and fruit tress from these rascals! We live in the woods and the deer literally grow up in my back yard, 2 years ago we found a tiny fawn lying against our foundation! We left it alone but now it thinks our land is free game, and it ( and its family ) ate my beans and tomatoes 2 years in a row! This year we improved our fencing around the vegetable garden and pretty much built a fort around our apple trees, but they still managed to emaciate my azalea bush in the spring! 

I live in the woods too and see many deer. Unfortunately also bears, snakes, foxes, coyotes.............. My dog is 13 now he's a big boy but when he was about a year old I was on a dock fishing with a friend and he started growling and snarling and we looked at him so confused then we looked up and a big black bear was walking into my yard; so my dog took off and chased the bear away. All hail the mighty Rhodesian ridgeback, he's awesome. 

On 8/8/2021 at 6:06 AM, Pistol said:

@MikeO - I have to protect my garden and fruit tress from these rascals! We live in the woods and the deer literally grow up in my back yard, 2 years ago we found a tiny fawn lying against our foundation! We left it alone but now it thinks our land is free game, and it ( and its family ) ate my beans and tomatoes 2 years in a row! This year we improved our fencing around the vegetable garden and pretty much built a fort around our apple trees, but they still managed to emaciate my azalea bush in the spring! 

My late dog Callie used to chase the deer away. :) 

I think they were eating my grandpa's veggies though. I know the squirrels were eating his apples. So it is. Edit: These threads are very nice b/c I can think about better times and not my health.