Abnormal High Blood Pressure, Blurry Vision, Chest/Stomach Tightness on Sitting/Standing

Abe

I just got home from a three days hospitalization after experiencing several weeks of high blood pressure which then brings about heaviness around the eyes and blurry vision, severe tightness in my chest and stomach, and almost passing out each time.  They tried multiple things in the ER including new medication, increasing dosage of current medication but nothing seemed to work, I got like four bags of fluids before my blood pressure could stay below 170/100.  There is the symptom that feels like blood is nor reaching my brain creating brain fog and confusion.  I feel like these were normal POTS symptoms but the way its happening frightens me.  For example, on Saturday night, they were able to get the pressure down to 135/81 but it went up to 200/121 or something within a minute of standing up. I have never experienced that.  And then they did a Covid test because I was going to stay overnight and it came back positive.  That just made everything worse for me emotionally.  No symptoms whatsoever so they didn't treat me for Covid.  Luckily, one of the nurses was so supportive and helped calm my fears. Now with all these problems, I have to go quarantine myself for 2 weeks.  One thing they told me was that my GI symptoms may have worsen with the virus.  Apart from the GI issues, no symptoms at all.  My stomach is constantly spasm-ing and producing gas like nothing I have ever experienced.  Not sure where to turn or who to turn to but God.  My anxiety is through the roof.  Not even lying down is making things better.

@Abe--reaching out and sending good energies and best wishes.  It is soooo hard to be stuck inside a body that is malfunctioning so actively, like yours is right now. It is almost certain that this will calm down and you will feel better, but in the meantime, I know exactly what you mean about turning to God. Sometimes, that is the only (and best) option.  

What did the hospital say when discharging you?  Is there a follow up plan?  How long till you see someone else?  (I mean--a doctor--I know you are in quarantine!   What kind of terrible joke is this?) 

So keep breathing, slowly and deeply if you can.  Do you know the box breathing technique? Or other breathing patterns?  There are a lot of them--some work better for me than others, but it is definitively a good way to quell some of the anxiety.  Wishing you   peace--in body and mind-- and soon.

It's been 12 days now and I can barely get out of bed my chest was so tight I couldn't even explaining my symptoms because I felt so out of it but I think in hindsight that it's massive amounts of jonalyn I can't even get relief when I lay down and eventually usually in the evening I feel like I can breathe I feel like I can rest and then it all hits me like a ton of bricks in the morning when I wake up and it's diarrhea constant up and down shaking Tremors nauseous dizzy chest hurts I lay down as much as I can but it doesn't bring relief for a long time I have in the past tried to exercise through it it's excruciating and feel like I'm going to die but I think it helps dissipate some of the adrenaline but then I'm not sure if it doesn't come back stronger and even worse I really don't know I'm looking for help to

1 hour ago, Jyoti said:

@Abe--reaching out and sending good energies and best wishes.  It is soooo hard to be stuck inside a body that is malfunctioning so actively, like yours is right now. It is almost certain that this will calm down and you will feel better, but in the meantime, I know exactly what you mean about turning to God. Sometimes, that is the only (and best) option.  

What did the hospital say when discharging you?  Is there a follow up plan?  How long till you see someone else?  (I mean--a doctor--I know you are in quarantine!   What kind of terrible joke is this?) 

So keep breathing, slowly and deeply if you can.  Do you know the box breathing technique? Or other breathing patterns?  There are a lot of them--some work better for me than others, but it is definitively a good way to quell some of the anxiety.  Wishing you   peace--in body and mind-- and soon.

Thanks @jyoti.  I am supposed to go back in, in 5 days.  Not sure I have any strength to talk to anyone talk less of going anywhere but we'll see.  I already called my Primary Care Physician to let him know about the new prescription.  Thanks for suggesting the breathing exercise.  I did that all through my stay at the hospital and it really helped lower my blood pressure.

2 hours ago, E pots said:

So you have POTS?  Sounds like a bad flare doesn't it? I'm in one right now and my blood pressure has been a lot higher. They're trying to take me off the steroid and possibly female beta blocker

Thanks @E potsYes I have POTS and this thus seem like a bad flare but I am mostly scared because I have never seen it this bad.

I understand sorry u have go though this I deal with this daily up and downs of my bp and heartrate like rollacoaster it scary nothing has  helped so far tho this doesn't not in no way mean nothing will help u .I hope u feeling lil better mentally at least . U are strong u will get though this !! 💗 keep drinking plenty fluids and eating what u can rest pick good Netflix to watch and when u can walk around room holding walls for support to keep your legs going diconditioned. 

On 4/19/2021 at 5:13 PM, Abe said:

Thanks @jyoti.  I am supposed to go back in, in 5 days.  Not sure I have any strength to talk to anyone talk less of going anywhere but we'll see.  I already called my Primary Care Physician to let him know about the new prescription.  Thanks for suggesting the breathing exercise.  I did that all through my stay at the hospital and it really helped lower my blood pressure.

Thanks @E potsYes I have POTS and this thus seem like a bad flare but I am mostly scared because I have never seen it this bad.

Gosh everything you're just grading sounds like the exact flair that I'm having right now.  On day 12.  Evenings are much better but mornings afternoons and early evening horrendous.  Can I ask you what you're taking? How long have you had pots? My first flare was like this.  It was the first time I ever went to the doctor. Prior to that I knew something was wrong but I knew that they would just tell me I was crazy So I waited until I thought I was dying My heart was beating a radically my chest felt like it was being crushed and I was going to faint and I was having diarrhea all of the time and then they still told me I was mentally ill and then the cardiologist told me I was mentally ill and then I went back for more testing when he gave me a referral to a psychiatrist. 

So the adrenaline will have periodic moments where I can get some relief laying down but it takes a long time.  Any noise lights stimulation talking dog barking cranks the adrenaline backup. I laid in bed completely flat and put on noise canceling headphones only got up to go to the bathroom and drink water with salt.  Or 

Oh..and I would recommend keeping your stress down as much as possible. That includes reduce noise light no stressful movies no exciting movies no talking to anyone that will make you angry or You have to keep your adrenaline down right now. 

And actually on the fence here as far as whether or not to exercise.  In the past I felt like I was dying but I read exercise helped so I forced myself to lose excruciating but it did help for a short period of time.  I'm not sure if it helps get rid of some of the adrenaline. I have read from some comments that people will say exercise can help but do not do anything to stressful or vigorous.  Looking back I was obviously hyperagic things settled down after about five months but I was under tremendous stress during those five months.  This time I'm hoping that my realization that it is adrenaline will help me get out of this flare soon.  Was hard two years I have not had one this bad since the first

12 hours ago, merkat30 said:

I understand sorry u have go though this I deal with this daily up and downs of my bp and heartrate like rollacoaster it scary nothing has  helped so far tho this doesn't not in no way mean nothing will help u .I hope u feeling lil better mentally at least . U are strong u will get though this !! 💗 keep drinking plenty fluids and eating what u can rest pick good Netflix to watch and when u can walk around room holding walls for support to keep your legs going diconditioned. 

Thank you so much @merkat30

My anxiety is pretty bad right now and my benzo did not seem to work.  My O2 level keeps failing and rising between 92 and 99.  I am freaking out thinking this maybe the COVID thing but my anxiety is high too so I am very confused.  I don't want to go back to the hospital but the other part of me said, go.  What a nightmare?

• 2 weeks later...