Panic attack due to POTS?

Fujitsu

So last month I drank whiskey for the first time ever, which was like 2 small shots. Whiskey is about 40% alcohol. I don't drink, so this was the first time I ever felt drunk. About an hour after drinking that small amount, the rush of adrenaline suddenly started, heart was beating super fast, blood pressure was high, tingly and numb hands. This lasted for about 6 hours. 6 hours of h*** :( I thought I was dying, then I realized to take the Klonopin and that eased everything down and I started to feel better. I know you can say this was a panic attack but I wasn't panicking and I do have hyperadrenic pots. So I'm thinking the alcohol intensified my pots :( Have you guys ever felt this way after feeling tipsy/drunkish? If so, does this mean I can't drink alcohol? No wine? :( Please help guys.

@Fujitsu - yes, alcohol can make HPOTS worse. Personally I no longer drink but used to tolerate light beer; anything stronger set off a HPOTS flare. Liquor is strong, so there is a rapid rise in alcohol, and anything rapid will set off our symptoms. If you enjoy wine you could try one glass very slowly and see what it does. Some people tolerate alcohol in small doses., others become ill right away. as with anything POTS - it's trial and error. 

Hi, @Fujitsu,

In addition to having a little at a time, you could try to have some food in your stomach when you drink, as that will help slow the absorption of the alcohol. My doc said I could try to have a drink and see how I did, but he didn't recommend it. So far, I've been reluctant to try anything more than a few sips after having eaten not long before, and no problems. But one of these days I will get up the nerve to try an entire glass of wine, which I, too, enjoy! Good luck!