Cervical radiculopathy

I had such a headache I ended up in the ER throwing up in extreme pain. I have an issue with my arms going numb periodically but lately it been all the time. 

Doc says I have bilateral cervical radiculopathy and the spasm in my neck and shoulders is quite severe. 

Im wondering if this could be the root cause of my issues. I will be having a nerve conduction study at my neurologists office soon. 

My doc put me on gabapentin for now and I only took it once last night and this morning my muscles were cool to the touch and not spasming. I guess I did not realize how bad this has gotten. 

1 minute ago, TigerLily said:

I had such a headache I ended up in the ER throwing up in extreme pain. I have an issue with my arms going numb periodically but lately it been all the time. 

Doc says I have bilateral cervical radiculopathy and the spasm in my neck and shoulders is quite severe. 

Im wondering if this could be the root cause of my issues. I will be having a nerve conduction study at my neurologists office soon. 

My doc put me on gabapentin for now and I only took it once last night and this morning my muscles were cool to the touch and not spasming. I guess I did not realize how bad this has gotten. 

Maybe? Neck/skull issues can cause POTS symptoms, like chiari malformation or cervical cranial instability. I have had a lot of spine issues and last year I had C2-4 fused. Already had C4-6 fused as well as L4-5. A month after the C2-4, most of my POTS stuff went away. I still have occasional issues, but not as bad. 

I have cervical radiculopathy that radiates down my left arm and makes my pinkey and ring gingers numb. I've had it for 6 months, off and on. PT helps greatly, they taught me exercises and trigger points as well as applying heat, traction also works for me. Medication wise I use a muscle relaxer ( Flexeril 1/2 tab ) at night as needed and it helps the next day still. 

19 hours ago, JimL said:

Maybe? Neck/skull issues can cause POTS symptoms, like chiari malformation or cervical cranial instability. I have had a lot of spine issues and last year I had C2-4 fused. Already had C4-6 fused as well as L4-5. A month after the C2-4, most of my POTS stuff went away. I still have occasional issues, but not as bad. 

I often wonder if any neck postural issues can have some impact on POTS especially after seeing a video of a doctor who treats mild CCI with realignment and said even severe cases that surgery will ultimately fail in long term if patient doesn't correct posture.

1 hour ago, Chuske said:

I often wonder if any neck postural issues can have some impact on POTS especially after seeing a video of a doctor who treats mild CCI with realignment and said even severe cases that surgery will ultimately fail in long term if patient doesn't correct posture.

Sure, but at 58 and my fusions, IDK. It is what it is. 

1 hour ago, Chuske said:

Sure. Good thing is you are feeling better than you were though.

Yes and I will see how long that lasts. There's really only one level left and then I won't be able to turn my head at all.