Chest trembling, body heating up when sitting back down

MTRJ75

Posted an update in my last thread here a few days ago...

but this has happened a few evenings/nights in a row now. 

I've had this burning ache in my arms and across my chest, not entirely new. In fact, I've been feeling some form on and off fora few years now. Feels like it's all a thin line right across my upper body. Been a bit more of a daily thing for the last week though. However, I don't seem to really feel anything when I'm up and moving around, but as soon as I sit back down I get this trembling feeling in the upper part of my chest and my body starts heating up and sweating and it all seems to stem from this area, even though the heat and sweating can eventually encompass the entire body and include my digestive system. I'm guessing there's some sort of anxiety that adds to this because it can get pretty d*** scary and I don't understand what it is. Feels a bit better when I'm lying down. I can also be woken up in the morning by the burning ache in my arm muscles that'll linger, but without the body heating. Could this be an adrenal surge? Does it sound POTS related? Sometimes it goes away after a few minutes, but sometimes I've had to deal with several bouts of wondering if I need immediate medical attention before it ends for the night. Absolute physical and mental torture. It feels like there's nerve damage in my chest, but that doesn't seem right. I wouldn't even know what to tell them if I went to the ER. I really don't want to have to phone the neurologist again tomorrow after just getting him to change my meds a few weeks ago. 

8 hours ago, MTRJ75 said:

Posted an update in my last thread here a few days ago...

but this has happened a few evenings/nights in a row now. 

I've had this burning ache in my arms and across my chest, not entirely new. In fact, I've been feeling some form on and off fora few years now. Feels like it's all a thin line right across my upper body. Been a bit more of a daily thing for the last week though. However, I don't seem to really feel anything when I'm up and moving around, but as soon as I sit back down I get this trembling feeling in the upper part of my chest and my body starts heating up and sweating and it all seems to stem from this area, even though the heat and sweating can eventually encompass the entire body and include my digestive system. I'm guessing there's some sort of anxiety that adds to this because it can get pretty d*** scary and I don't understand what it is. Feels a bit better when I'm lying down. I can also be woken up in the morning by the burning ache in my arm muscles that'll linger, but without the body heating. Could this be an adrenal surge? Does it sound POTS related? Sometimes it goes away after a few minutes, but sometimes I've had to deal with several bouts of wondering if I need immediate medical attention before it ends for the night. Absolute physical and mental torture. It feels like there's nerve damage in my chest, but that doesn't seem right. I wouldn't even know what to tell them if I went to the ER. I really don't want to have to phone the neurologist again tomorrow after just getting him to change my meds a few weeks ago. 

I can understand a lot of the pain and worry that you're experiencing as I've had some really bizzare symptoms similar to what you are describing. It really is physical and mental torture. I don't have the exact symptoms as what you have however sometimes when I get these "attacks" I get this burning sensation all over my back when I lay down. This is accompanied by involuntary muscle shaking all over my body if it gets really bad similar to a seizure only it's not and I'm conscience the whole time. Sometimes it's my legs other times my torso/whole body. The burning sensation sometimes happens internally too and feels like there is acid flowing through my body. Blood pressure goes way up and I feel like I'm going to die.  Anxiety and Panic also greatly exacerbates it. I think for me it's an adrenal surge of catecholamines such as adrenaline and nor-epinephrine considering the fact BP and HR goes up dramatically and heart starts beating harder etc. I can't explain the burning sensation however. Perhaps something to do with histamine? Idk. I can only ride it out and try to calm down. Went to the ER twice when it was really bad and they did nothing for me really and thought it was just anxiety. What I do to prevent these "attacks" from happening is drinking high potency magnesium citrate drink and coconut water that is high in potassium. There was a study that showed magnesium can block nor-epinephrine dumping in the brain and it's helped me out. Also getting enough sleep always eating something and prayer has also helped me a lot. I wish I knew what is actually going on as it's really frustrating not understanding whats happening to your own body. Hopefully trying some magnesium/potassium will help you out as they are vital minerals our body needs. It also calms down nerves if it is related to that.

Thank you. I've been taking a nightly high quality magnesium supplement for around a year now, so I'm pretty sure it's not that. 

I was told the new med (Lexapro) was intended to calm down the nor-epinephrine and histamine spikes. Apparently not working after 3+ weeks I guess. 

The weird thing is my heart rate doesn't always spike, but it certainly pounds. It can be going 75-80 and still feel like it's going to blast out of my chest or back. 

It truly is torture...on top of everything else. I guess the good news is that last night's attack was only a one timer. Didn't come back two or three times within the hour like it has been doing. I mostly posted in panic of anticipation, which I know is something I need to stop doing because the attention and anticipation only makes things worse....as long as I'm sure it's not dangerous, which is a place I've yet to reach in my mind. 

Finally put in a call to the neurologist. Waiting for a call back. But in the meantime. I was somehow able to make the foot doctor's appointment I made this morning and found out that I have an infected toenail. Antibiotics. I don't have a fever or any other signs of infection, but I'm wondering if this infection is making these dysautonomia symptoms unbearable and still wonder if I'll eventually need the ER for fluids at the very least. 

16 hours ago, MTRJ75 said:

I was told the new med (Lexapro) was intended to calm down the nor-epinephrine and histamine spikes. Apparently not working after 3+ weeks I guess. 

Hi @MTRJ75. I take Lexapro and was told that it takes about 6 weeks to kick in. 

11 hours ago, MTRJ75 said:

I was somehow able to make the foot doctor's appointment I made this morning and found out that I have an infected toenail.

This can be the culprit. Whenever I have an infection my POTS flares with palpitations, high and low BP, fainting, tremors etc. It is just a real blow to the system and in dysautonomia patients can truly worsen all of our symptoms. I hope the antibiotics help. You mentioned IV fluids - not a bad idea. In my case I have to have fluids anytime I get even the sniffles or I become very ill. 

Thanks @Pistol. I hate to hear others have the same experience but it helps confirm things.

Neuro is pulling me off Lexapro while I fight the infection.

Woke up early this morning drenched in sweat with heart rate all over the place and pounding, nauseas and tingling pain. Can’t tell if it’s the infection, my condition or the antibiotic now. Ugh. Don’t know what to do. Prescribing doctor not open yet. I can’t get to pharmacy today to get new antibiotic even if he prescribed one anyway. Maybe I should just take the next one and ride it out.