New to this and don't know where to begin

JimL

Hi @JimL - regarding the salads: since I developed severe GI issues from POTS I had to cut out all fresh vegetables and that meant all vinegar-based dressings as well. This has made a HUGE difference: cutting down those acids and hard to digest veggies improved the amount of acid the stomach is triggered to produce. I had Barrett's ( precancerous changes in the lining of the espphagus ) and that was normal in my last EGD. This has been contributed to both meds as well as the diet changes. STAY AWAY from those greek salads!!!!   

2 hours ago, Pistol said:

Hi @JimL - regarding the salads: since I developed severe GI issues from POTS I had to cut out all fresh vegetables and that meant all vinegar-based dressings as well. This has made a HUGE difference: cutting down those acids and hard to digest veggies improved the amount of acid the stomach is triggered to produce. I had Barrett's ( precancerous changes in the lining of the espphagus ) and that was normal in my last EGD. This has been contributed to both meds as well as the diet changes. STAY AWAY from those greek salads!!!!   

I had an EGD in July and had gastritis and H Pylori. My stomach has gotten worse even though I've done a couple courses of treatment for H Pylori. I'll probably have to have one again. Thing is, before last june, I never had stomach issues. I could drink gasoline and piss ice cubes. No more. I'm on Lansoprazole 2x a day now. 

@AnewDay - as per nutritionist consult low acid diet ( also for IC ) I do only eat steamed or cooked veggies and avoid all citrus ( acid ). Since adjusting my diet symptoms of both GERD/ Barrett's as well as IC ( interstitial cystitis ) have vastly improved. 

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

@AnewDay - as per nutritionist consult low acid diet ( also for IC ) I do only eat steamed or cooked veggies and avoid all citrus ( acid ). Since adjusting my diet symptoms of both GERD/ Barrett's as well as IC ( interstitial cystitis ) have vastly improved. 

At least it's not a MCAS diet. That would drive me nuts. Might as well be carnivore. I did Keto for 16 months. I DK if I can go back to it. Right now my stomach is messed up as are other things. Today was tough. I've been having symptoms I don't know what to do about. Belching/breathing/headaches/cold hands and feet/diplopia/bloating/left side abdomen pain/pain weakness in shoulders and neck and fatigued. I am ready to call it quits. 

• 1 year later...