Surgery and POTS

dannyg

Bad news today. Worried about POTS and I went today to the Urologist. Had a scan saturday to check for a bowel obstruction for my motility problem and they found a cyst on my bladder. Went to Urologist today and he said its a "mass" on my bladder. I have to get more blood work done, then see a Cardiologist to get cleared for surgery and he would like to do this in the next few weeks. I asked him if he can tell what it is or how bad, he just said I had it a while,  before my POTS in November and it looks "funky". I have to get blood work and the OK from the Cardiogist. He didnt say anything spread or what it is, just said its on the top front part of .y bladder. 

Has everyone done ok with their surgerys with POTS ?

Anyone have possible bladder cancer or anything like this ?

@dannyg - I am sorry about the findings - I am sure the wait time is unnerving and scary. But I would not think twice about the surgery - they have to remove it and test it in order to determine what type of growth it is. The fact that you had it a while could be good - the growth appears to be slow-rowing. --- Re surgery: I have hyperPOTS and NCS and had several surgeries over the years. As long as the anesthesia department is familiar with your history of POTS you should be OK. Once I had a hernia surgery and the anesthesiologist did a spinal lying down ( normally done while seated ) to avoid sudden drop in BP. I did great with that surgery. Another time I had an umbilical hernia repair under general anesthesia and did OK, although my BP dropped and they had to give me something to bring it back up. They also - for another procedure - gave me volume expanders ( IV fluids that expand the blood volume ) and I had no problems during that procedure. So - to make an already too long story short: make sure during the pre-op visit you lake them aware that you have POTS and need special attention during surgery and that it is ESSENTIAL for them to give you IV fluids before the surgery. This has in my case always been done and has been very imprortant for my peri-surgical stability. I wish you the best of luck and hope the surgery goes well!!!!! Please keep us posted!!!

Has anyone ever had Chemotheropy with pots ? 

I did a seach and no results.... Just wondering. 

Doctor have me a Cardiologist. She called. See her friday next week. Problem is she dont work at my local hospital here anymore. She is 40 miles away ! I called the Urologist and left him a message I cant get there. Has to be closer. Waiting for him to call back. 

Wondering about Chemo and POTS though just in case...