Beta Blockers and Cold Medicine

I am wondering if anyone has had any interactions with their beta blockers and different cold medicines. I am specifically worried about Sudafed. I took some today because my stubborn cold won't let go. I feel tons better but the congestion just won't give. I feel like it will be fine to take for a day or two. But just wondering if anyone else has any history of taking these together. 

1 hour ago, MeganMN said:

Oddly enough, I have felt better with less symptoms when I take the Sudafed, but according to the pharmacist they are okay to take together. 

When I spoke to my old pharmacist a few years ago he told me I shouldn't take it because I have tachycardia issues and Sudafed is a stimulant so I will make it worse. Personally I don't care right now, but that comment makes me more cautious to use medication. 

True enough, but the beta blocker is preventing the tachycardia so it seems like it would be fine. It is a vasoconstrictor and would raise BP but for most of us that is not an issue! Anyway, your mileage may vary but I have had to take it some in the last few months and it has been okay! My pharmacist said it was not an issue for short term.

35 minutes ago, MeganMN said:

True enough, but the beta blocker is preventing the tachycardia so it seems like it would be fine. It is a vasoconstrictor and would raise BP but for most of us that is not an issue! Anyway, your mileage may vary but I have had to take it some in the last few months and it has been okay! My pharmacist said it was not an issue for short term.

So probably a good thing I have not been taking my midodrine this week, due to having to take cold medicine. :D

28 minutes ago, jklass44 said:

My doctors and my pharmacists both sometimes tell me different things... Despite that, I’ve never had any issues, but everyone is different.

I feel you on the congestion that won’t give though - so annoying!! Hope you find some relief soon. 

I have noticed that too. 

I feel like I am almost done (we suspect the flu). So hopefully by Monday it will be gone. 

@StayAtHomeMom - I personally do not at all tolerate ANY decongestants - they give me tachycardia, terrible PVC's, chest pain and anxiety. I do take a strong beta blocker, it has not prevented these symptoms. I take Mucinex 600 mg for congestion and this helps me without causing problems.