Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS) and Dysautonomia

Muon

Hello,

I wondered if there are any patients here on this forum with POIS. We have people at the poiscenter forum ( https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php ) with POTS and POIS (myself included) or with ANS related symptoms. Some researchers believe the vagus nerve might be involved in POIS. Some forum members have posted their medical test results here: https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2684.0

There could be overlap among POTS/Dysautonomia/POIS/MCAS/EDS, so perhaps there are people here with POIS or misidentifying it with MCAS. 

Guest ScottS

I have to be very careful with how I choose to reach orgasm. Orgasm via intercourse just overwhelms me. Immediately after ejaculating I'll feel a wave of muscular tension and tightening in (primarily) my gut up into my diaphragm. My heart will then palpitate and race and I'll feel flushed and overwhelmed (with feelings of panic). Oddly, laying down after doesn't help (at all). I'll also experience similar reactions via simple masturbation (when using my hand). Thankfully, I am able to reach a (generally pleasing) orgasm when using a small (battery operated wand style) vibrator. With this method I feel very little in the way of muscular tension and will experience only the occasional palpitation. Curiously, the amount of semen I release (when orgasming via a vibrator) is significantly less than via any other method. The one conclusion I've drawn from these experiences is that the unique stimulation/pleasuring I experience via a vibrator allows me to - for lack of a better term - relax into the release/orgasm, as opposed to "work for it". I can only speculate as to the role dysautonomia (primarily POTS) plays in my own unique experiences.

Interesting topic as I’ve recently read about p.o.s.i From googling feeling sick after orgasm. Since getting pots orgasm makes my symptoms bad. Also get lots of other crazy symptoms can make me feel terrible for a week. Before  getting pots I always noticed feeling bad after sex but thought it was normal and as a young horny man didn’t care. But now I wonder if all my years of bad chronic  fatigue since age 15 I wonder if it was from all the sex I was having, 

Guest ScottS
18 hours ago, Hutch said:

Interesting topic as I’ve recently read about p.o.s.i From googling feeling sick after orgasm. Since getting pots orgasm makes my symptoms bad. Also get lots of other crazy symptoms can make me feel terrible for a week. Before  getting pots I always noticed feeling bad after sex but thought it was normal and as a young horny man didn’t care. But now I wonder if all my years of bad chronic  fatigue since age 15 I wonder if it was from all the sex I was having, 

I doubt sex, or more specifically the physical release that is orgasm, has caused your chronic fatigue. Rather, sex (and orgasm) is likely a trigger that can sometimes flip on (make you more symptomatic for) your own unique form of dysautonomia.