Some volunteer opportunities

Hi guys!

We have a couple of volunteer opportunities for anyone interested. We are especially interested in volunteers who have the ability to stay focused and dedicated to a task.

1. Find websites on POTS, NCS, PAF and/or MSA to add to the DINET website. Full text articles are preferred and information must be from reliable sources, such as physicians, hospitals, schools, etc. Google now has a search for scholarly papers at http://scholar.google.com/ which can be helpful in locating good resources.

(Also, if any of you find good articles on the web we'd appreciate if you'd pass them on so we can add them to the site and share them with others.)

2. Update the Support Group information listed on the DINET website. This entails emailing each support group leader and asking if their group is still in existence and if any of the information listed on the DINET website has changed, such as email addresses, meeting locations, group leaders, etc.

3. Update the Physician List by making sure the physicians' contact information is still correct. This will be time consuming. The volunteer who does this will have to find each physician listed on their hospital website and/or call the physician's office and confirm that their contact information (address and phone #) are still correct. The ability to conduct yourself in a professional manner is required.

If any of you are interested in the above positions please contact me (Michelle Sawicki) at: staff@dinet.org or send me a PM from the forum.

THANKS!

Michelle Sawicki

Guest Julia59

Michelle---i'm always happy to send any articles I can find.

In fact I posted a link to an EDS website today. I hope it's not already on the site. I didn't look.

In the future I will check to see if potsplace has it posted already----- before I post it.

I will think things through and see if there are any other ways I can help out.

Julie :0)

I think what Michelle is asking for is someone to routinely do such searches, and send them directly to her for review. That way, she can keep the DINET site up-to-date with the newest journal findings.

Nina

Guest Julia59

I would have no problem doing this on a routine basis. I just need to figure out how to access more articles and research. My brother in law is a Doc---maybe he can help.

I will go over the the MUO library and see if they will be willing to help me out.

I will do this next week after I have the minor surgery this Friday.

I saved the link to my favorites Michelle.

Julie :0)

Ann,

As for the U.S. doctors, i'll start at the 'bottom' of the list and you can start at the top...how does that sound...then we can touch base as we work our way up of down as the case may be!)...i'm slow, so we won't meet in the middle for a while i am sure! there is one other person interested, so we will see what she wants to do too...i think with three people it really should be a job that seems much more doable than one person doing it all. as for the international ones...i don't know anything about making international calls, etc. can do this and can help out financially here too if need be by paying for some calls. do i have to add anything to my long distance plan? what about calling some of the countries that don't speak english? hmmm...otherwise, not a problem to call internationally, but i would like to split these up too if possible! i have unlimited long distance all day and all night on my LAND LINE so i don't mind making calls anywhere in the u.s. and helping out this way.

Emily

em & ann -

i had already told michelle this, but since you are diving in, you can skip over vanderbilt (tennessee) & dr. khurana (maryland) as they're both good to go with current/correct info.

thanks for working on this for everyone!

:-)melissa

Emily,

I like your idea of each starting at opposite ends. I'll do as you suggested and start and the top. Maybe when we get close to finishing the US list, we can figure out how to do the international. I also have unlimited long distance so that is good for both of us. Keep in touch.

Ann

Thanks Michelle and Melissa!