Had my yearly today...arrrggh, ummm, errr

WinterSown

He saw it right away on the scale pad---I got a compliment for it's awesomeness of arch and toes, then got a lecture about talc in baby powder and that talc causes IUC and that I had better be using cornstarch. And that I am to NEVER AGAIN use baby powder with talc. 'Where are you going `for Thanksgiving?' My SILs, I made ice cream. And then I got interrogated on how to make vanilla ice cream. I was approved as he apparently knows how to make ice cream--he has many talents.  And then he hit me with a metal hammer and poked me with sharp pointy things. My numbers were fine enough and so were all my readings. 

And then we got down to talking; I still don't remember how we got around to it, but I blurted out that I think I have learned enough that I can report  a past doctor to the state for multiple reasons--not just one or two, but many; that I am thinking more and more of doing this. We talked about what I thought did and did not happen,  he was so patient and told me over and over to take my time. Bottom line is that we are dysautonomics and that none of us should be mocked, laughed at, insulted, refused basic care, turned away, or treated like garbage simply because we have an extraordinary range of symptoms. To do any of that is very unethical and unprofessional. He said he's going to call 'Mike' who is my cardiologist, and who suspected something had happened but I never told him what because I could never put a voice to it. So now the ball will begin to roll. My good doctors now have the erring doctor's name. I don't know where this is going to lead to but I couldn't say silent anymore. I'm not one to judge but peers are. I"m not happy. 

ma feet.jpg

I'm glad your numbers are doing well. I also hope your current doctor can educate the doctor that made you feel like you were not being cared for with dignity and respect. It's so hard to get proper medical validation when most of your illnesses do not fit within the mainstream of medicine. I really bunt heads with doctors over my APS/Hughes Syndrome diagnosis. They simply do not understand the disease because it's so rare. I finally had one of my nurse practitioners take the initiative and read up on the condition. She no longer gives me a hard time about keeping my INR above a 3.0. But then again, I find that doctors don't even know how to treat some of the mainstream diseases properly. You are a valid medical patient with a valid condition. I hope the offending doc will give you a ring and apologize to you. I hope your numbers continue to remain stable. You are one of the posters on this forum who give me strength. You are fighting this thing tooth and nail and refuse to bow down to dysautonomia. You always have positive and uplifting responses to all of my questions; even if I'm always asking the same question if my BP machine is broken lol. My family called me a hypochondriac again this week because I'm worried about things. I told them the next time they call me that; I will simply refuse to take my blood thinners, have a stroke, and let them wipe me for the next 20 years. That put an end to that lol. 

I wish more of us would report these quacks @WinterSown. I have at least 2 docs that have been not only rude and dismissive but have actually done damage to me by ways of neglect. I just complain to my patient and awesome PCP who shares my frustrations and has already seen me in tears in his office several times over these docs' approach to POTS. The last one was a hospitalist that REFUSED to admit me for IV fluids despite my PCP asking him to admit me, which resulted in an unnecessary ER visit that then lead to the admission anyway. The other one was an electro-physiologist that did my second TTT ( which proved positive for POTS ) but told me that I am hysterical, that I should go off of all of my meds because I do not need them and that if I would stop taking my BP so often I would feel a lot better. Can you imagine? Of course I fired these - and 3 more - docs. Now I am in good hands with my team of 3 docs who work together and got me back on my feet. ( Mine are not powdered, though ). I did report these docs to the facilites they worked for, so I guess there were some repercussions for them. ---- Glad you are doing a bit better again. 

It sounds like you are doing well @WinterSownand that’s wonderful.  Good Drs are worth their weight in gold.  I applaud you for telling him about the Dr that didn’t take you seriously.  I saw something like 10 Drs seeking a diagnosis and all except my PCP blew me off.  My PCP believed me because he knew me before and I was so very ill, not that any labs showed it.  Like Pistol I complained to a facility/group about one exceptionally bad encounter and had several people from there call me about it, including the Dr in charge of the department.  I don’t know the outcome but it was validating.  

12 hours ago, Pistol said:

I wish more of us would report these quacks @WinterSown. I have at least 2 docs that have been not only rude and dismissive but have actually done damage to me by ways of neglect. I just complain to my patient and awesome PCP who shares my frustrations and has already seen me in tears in his office several times over these docs' approach to POTS. The last one was a hospitalist that REFUSED to admit me for IV fluids despite my PCP asking him to admit me, which resulted in an unnecessary ER visit that then lead to the admission anyway. The other one was an electro-physiologist that did my second TTT ( which proved positive for POTS ) but told me that I am hysterical, that I should go off of all of my meds because I do not need them and that if I would stop taking my BP so often I would feel a lot better. Can you imagine? Of course I fired these - and 3 more - docs. Now I am in good hands with my team of 3 docs who work together and got me back on my feet. ( Mine are not powdered, though ). I did report these docs to the facilites they worked for, so I guess there were some repercussions for them. ---- Glad you are doing a bit better again. 

Pistol I just tried that and it lasted 5 days. I stopped checking my BP all the time and went off all of my BP meds thinking this is all in my head. Then one morning the headaches came back, checked my BP and it was back to stroke level. I guess you can ignore anything, but it doesn't mean it's not causing symptoms or doing damage to you. I feel like crud with my meds, but I feel even cruddier without the meds. I will tell any dismissive doc I already went off meds and show them the pic's of what happened to my BP. Have you ever thought about learning how to give yourself fluids? You can buy them at Costco. They are ringers with lactate. I was buying them for my cat who had chronic kidney disease because they are so cheap compared to buying them from a vet. I'm not suggesting for you to play around with this medical stuff, just something to look into.