Be Brave

WinterSown

38 minutes ago, blizzard2014 said:

Be brave and be fierce!

We must be brave to stand up to our symptoms and those who would prevent or discourage us from healing.

Today I will bravely rake leaves. Tonight I will bravely sleep an exhausted sleep in my bed. #pleasenoblisters

On 11/3/2018 at 2:13 PM, dancer65 said:

Looks lovely ! I love turquoise . 

Would like to know how small can you make the bangle I have tiny wrists ? 

I'd like to know, too!  I'd get one if it comes in 6.5 inch circumference.  Any larger and it would dangle and interfere with typing.  Can you please tell us the size of your wrist and the size of the bracelet?

I took a couple of pictures showing the closure, mint for size. Overall, the circumference of the band and strap is about 7.5". My wrist is 6 3/4".

The strap has some give and is a tad stretchy so it will stay taught. Unless you are very skinny or a toddler this is not going to slip off your wrist like round bangles. I haven't taken it off since I put it on, I've showered, slept, washed dishes, etc and the bracelet holds up very well. 

20181106_131012.jpg

20181106_131022.jpg

1 hour ago, WinterSown said:

Overall, the circumference is about 7.5". The strap has some give and is a tad stretchy so it will stay taught. Unless you are very skinny or a toddler this is not going to slip off your wrist like round bangles. I haven't taken it off since I put it on, I've showered, slept, washed dishes, etc

That's a shame it can't be tightened - I too have skinny wrists! Anyone else lose a lot of weight with POTS? Wow washing dishes and showering though!!! If it confers superpowers like that perhaps I should get one for my ankle!

B x

21 minutes ago, dancer65 said:

No I put on loads of weight a stone, taken me ages to get it off still working on it ! I think meds and the inability to do aerobic exercise had an effect . I also think dysautnomia has an effect on metabolism. 

It would be great if we could all pool our individual dysautonomic quirks - high BP, low BP, low blood volume, fluid retention, weight gain, weight loss, diarrhoea, constipation, insomnia, hypersomnia etc etc.. & just take back out the right balance!

B x

On 11/5/2018 at 8:20 AM, Lily said:

I'd like to know, too!  I'd get one if it comes in 6.5 inch circumference.  Any larger and it would dangle and interfere with typing.  Can you please tell us the size of your wrist and the size of the bracelet?

I push it up on my arm for typing, I have it pushed up now. Still feels comfy, the strap is very flexible. I am getting very used to it.

23 minutes ago, bombsh3ll said:

It would be great if we could all pool our individual dysautonomic quirks - high BP, low BP, low blood volume, fluid retention, weight gain, weight loss, diarrhoea, constipation, insomnia, hypersomnia etc etc.. & just take back out the right balance!

B x

balance, Balance, BALANCE! This is what my cardiologist is always stressing. In heart, mind, body and soul. tweak you water, your food, your meds, your spoons, your hours, your your, your everything. After putting so much effort into being balanced I fall over from exhaustion. #cantwin

12 hours ago, WinterSown said:

balance, Balance, BALANCE! This is what my cardiologist is always stressing. In heart, mind, body and soul. tweak you water, your food, your meds, your spoons, your hours, your your, your everything. After putting so much effort into being balanced I fall over from exhaustion. #cantwin

That is GENIUSLY stated! 

13 hours ago, dancer65 said:

No I put on loads of weight a stone, taken me ages to get it off still working on it ! I think meds and the inability to do aerobic exercise had an effect . I also think dysautnomia has an effect on metabolism. 

Diddo! I used to be underweight all of my life - since being disabled and inactive I have gained 20 lbs! But guess what - since I get weekly IV fluids the weight has come off steadily, without trying! A lot of it must have been retained fluid that now is coming off since the fluids create a better balance (I guess???), plus I have so much more energy that I have a spring in my step and a smile on my face all day long.