Is This an Adrenaline Rush/Surge?

Delta

Hello, all!

This is a new one on me.  I get a warm/hot "flash", a woozy feeling, and then I get this feeling in my nose starting from the bottom up, kind of like tingling or as if I used a nose spray or something and the stuff is slowly creeping up my nostrils.  Not sure if HR went up because I didn't check it when it was happening.  Has anyone felt this or similar?  Is it adrenaline-related?  Thanks in advance!

If you ever feel like you are choking or cannot breath contact 911 immediately. It sounds like you've inhaled a mild irritant. You can blow your nose several times and gargle with warm salt water until your throat is clear. Change your clothes and scrub your face, neck and arms or, even better, a take a shower as the irritant could be on your hair as well as your skin and clothing. It's summertime and flower pollen, barbecue smoke, dust, lawn service products, mildew and humidity are everywhere; allergies are not only for spring or fall and can really surprise you in other seasons. I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks!  That is a good question, as it happened a couple of times when I was just sitting . . . it didn't feel as if I inhaled anything; my description was probably not that accurate but it was all I could think of at the moment.  (It felt different than when I actually have inhaled an irritant, LOL!)  Do you know what adrenaline surges feel like?  I've read where a lot of people on here say they've had surges, and there have been times when I thought I was having one, but not sure.  How would I know?

5 hours ago, Delta said:

Thanks!  That is a good question, as it happened a couple of times when I was just sitting . . . it didn't feel as if I inhaled anything; my description was probably not that accurate but it was all I could think of at the moment.  (It felt different than when I actually have inhaled an irritant, LOL!)  Do you know what adrenaline surges feel like?  I've read where a lot of people on here say they've had surges, and there have been times when I thought I was having one, but not sure.  How would I know?

I get ultra hyper and can't think straight, I can start to shake, especially my hands. Diazepam to the rescue by orders of my EP.

@Delta - you will know when you have a surge. Your heart starts thumping in your chest, you get cold and clammy, hands/feet/nose all get ice-cold, you start to shake uncontrollably, your chest hurts, you can't breathe, you get super-excited … many people think this is an anxiety attack but actually the physical symptoms start first and the anxiety follows.