Magnesium?

Scout

I got a great tip from my cardiologist. For an energizing pick-me-up I scrub my face with damp hands coated with epsom salts. It also is a great exfoliating facial--beauty tips from my cardiologist; I have a keeper. WOOT!  Both the scrub and the soak are much better ways to introduce magnesium than something like Magnesium Oil, which isn't even an oil but a spritzer with water that has some magnesium in it. It's practically worthless as a product because it has such very low concentration of magnesium and a spritz evaporates quick unlike a bath which gives you more coverage for a longer time. But, skin is a shield and is not meant to absorb as well as your intestines and gut. The very best way to take in more magnesium is by eating it. There are many foods rich in magnesium which are also quite yummy--you may already love some of them.

I love my magnesium citrate. I wasn't able to tolerate it for the first few years of this illness, but now that I'm trending toward the more hyperadrenergic end of the autonomic spectrum again, it's helping immensely. Helps keep my BP and HR regulated, at least a bit. I only have to take 100mg per day as I'm super sensitive to small doses of things, but I know others have had to take larger doses (I think normal dosing is upwards of 200 or 300mg?). 

Thanks very much for the replies, folks. Much appreciated.

@ks42 We sound rather similar! I am very sensitive to meds and often just need a small dose, too. 

Will see how I go with some magnesium citrate, as most people seem to be recommending that form of magnesium.

I really like liquid magensium. It helps slow down my heart and helps me sleep. I don't think I have hyper pots though. I don't really know.

I did not respond well to magnesium pills. They did not seem to have any effect, but liquid magnesium does help.