Did Ritalin help anyone with POTS?

Mikey

Hey guys.

I plan on using Ritalin tomorrow, I was hoping to get some insight from people who have used it in the past and been successful. Did it help with anyone with tachycardia? Based on its mechanism of action I would think it would worsen tachycardia and lightheadedness but maybe I'm wrong. I seen published articles were it was documented to be helpful in some patients.

Thanks

It never affected my HR but is really good in fighting fatigue. The energy burst from it helps me to do chores around the house in the am and my exercises. I do not take it at night since the pm dose caused me to not feel sleepy. So I do good in the mornings and do less in the pm. Good luck - I never had any negative effects from it, I hope the same for you. 

It helped me function, but the side effects were horrible.  I got the hypertalkative side effect - very annoying!!  I lost 40# in 6 weeks, was literally starving to death and that made my POTS worse and I was falling a lot more than usual.  Also had disturbed sleep side effects. I coudln't tolerate it.  Midodrine had similar benefits for me without the nasty side effects.