VEMP

WinterSown

It's a recent type of balance testing. I have a history of tripping and numbing in my legs There is very little info available on this test, I just only heard of it today and I've just started reviewing it. Most of what is online are descriptions of the test and how to give it--a lot of information for technicians. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vestibular_evoked_myogenic_potential

I would be interested to hear about it if you decide to do it.  My right ear has lost 50% of its vestibular nerve function.  When I get sick I never know what to think, pots or ear.  I have never regained my balance fully, my husband is currently installing new front walk because he worries about my balance so much.  What are they hoping to determine by doing the test?

I have to call the doctors office tomorrow to schedule and I will find out more. If they take the insurance I'll take the test. They are looking for a reason for why I trip as often as I do. They have to take readings from a very small area in my ear--if there is occlusion or disruption of airflow--or something like that, I will probably remember more tomorrow. The doctor is very nice, she understands dysautonomias. She did mention a couple of times during the visit that they even they find a cause there probably is nothing more can be done. 

I have parts of something called Drop Attacks, which is fainting while you are conscious. Last year I did Vestibular PT for vertigo which made me physically strong enough to support my weight if I felt like I was going to fall. So, with the Drop Attacks, I don't drop. I know that PT has saved me from tripping on a curb and falling into the street, I have not fallen down the stairs more than a few times, and I have self-corrected when tripping over an assortment of pets.  I got a new script for Vestibular PT today. I got a new script for more Pelvic Floor PT last week from DocProc too. I don't know how that will be combined but I expect to sleep well afterwards and get a better bod for my efforts. Potsie Hotsie, lol.