Does anyone else have these problems?

Was wondering if anyone else here has problems with severe neck pain. I literally wind up sitting very often with my head tilted over whichever shoulder to alleviate the amount of dizziness, feelings of approaching syncopes, etc.

The other issue is that seemingly out of nowhere, I shake like a Parkinson's patient. I don't know what brings it on, and I don't know what causes it to stop. The episodes do not tend to pass quickly.

Can anyone here advise, give information, etc?

Much thanks in advance.

I have experienced severe neck pain in the past also. I finally went to a physical therapist who specialized in head and neck therapy. I had very good results after the first few visits. I ended up sticking with it for a couple of months and it paid off for me. My neck pain and movement was worse on my left side. I had trouble driving since it was hard for me to switch lanes and look over my shoulder. I am 90 percent better now. I do not know if therapy is an option for you but it did work for me. I have not experienced the shakes like you have, that must be scary. I hope you are feeling better soon.

what part is shaking? depending on what type of tremor you could be experiencing symptoms of many disorders including parkinsons or just benign essential tremor. There is several types of tremors such as resting and action tremor and frequency(how quick)of the tremor comes into play...those type things determine what type tremor you have. Have you seen your doc on this? Good luck and hope you feel better soon.

welcome (jo or joal?) -

sorry you have reason to be here but glad you found the forum. there's lots of good info & people here. you may want to do searches on neck pain &/or tremors/shakes as there has been a lot of discussion on both in the past. as such, there are at least some on here who have had or do have neck &/or tremor issues. they're not the baseline symptoms & thus are always good to at least have checked out by a doc, but they are a part of the picture for some of us. i had major neck issues 2 years ago but it was the result of a blackout/fall; i had surgery & for the most part am good to go in that arena now. i do get "neckaches" though which were par for the course for me & unrelated to the neck injury. it's essentially a headache at the base of my head/ top of my neck & is thought by some to be caused by bloodflow issues to the head. i also get shakes/tremors at times - almost always after i blackout & at other times when i'm really struggling/ not doing well overall health-wise; often they accompany really low BPs for me.

i saw your inquiry other another post about doctors in the south. you may want to look at the physician list on the site http://www.dinet.org/physicians.htm

i don't know what area of the south you're in, but i recently got back from a few weeks inpatient at vanderbilt and had a positive experience. there are options there both at the outpatient clinic &/or as a research inpatient.

good luck,

:-)melissa

what part is shaking?  depending on what type of tremor you could be experiencing symptoms of many disorders including parkinsons or just benign essential tremor.  There is several types of tremors such as resting and action tremor and frequency(how quick)of the tremor comes into play...those type things determine what type tremor you have.  Have you seen your doc on this?  Good luck and hope you feel better soon.

Generally, it's my hands that shake. What the dr's say: "you've got tremors." I'm in the wrong line of work when others can collect co-pays for parroting back information! :( I've had tremors both when I'm doing nothing at all and when I'm actually trying to work.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I made contact with one of the dysautonomia foundations this afternoon and got a lot of helpful information along with names and numbers for doctors in my local area.

And Sunfish, call me whatever you like. Jo, Joalmon, Anne...it all works. :-)

Hi Jo,

I have terrible neck trouble and the shakes, but frequently it seems like the tremors are from adrenaline. It can last for days/weeks at a time, but subsides to nothing sometimes. When a neuro doc saw it, she called it tremors. Not sure if this could be what you are experiencing?

Ann