Every possible symptom...please help

dizzyape

Hello All,

I am still awaiting my tilt test to diagnose me however my doctor is convinced I have Dysautonomia. I had SVT since I was 11. I had three heart ablations with my last being when I was 26 ( I am now 41.) Over the past couple years I started to have symptoms very similar to gastroparesis. I have had several flare ups.  I recently had a hysterectomy because of heavy bleeding (which upon reading could also be from dysautonomia.) While I was in recovery I went into tachycardia. I was put on a beta blocker which made me feel terrible. I have now weaned off of it but I am having horrible dizzy spells, vertigo, feeling lightheaded and sometimes these weird spells of feeling like I am in a dreamlike state.  I am so over feeling awful. Are the gastroparesis symptoms and dizziness normal with dysautonomia? I'm terrified.

Hi April.  I'm sorry you are here but it's a good place to get support and information.  Yes, gastroparesis and dizziness are commonly found in those of us with dysautonomia.  Not all of us but many.  There is no reason to be terrified, this is not a fatal condition just unfortunately, chronic.  I suggest you check out the main page of this site and the 101 on this forum for more info on the many symptoms tied to autonomic dysfunction.  There's a couple of books, the only one I can remember right now (brain fog is common too) is The Dysautonomia Project, that are extremely helpful.  I tried 4 or 5 different beta blockers before I found one I could tolerate.  It's a **** of a diagnosis but this forum is very supportive and helpful.  You are not alone!

Thank you so much. This is encouraging.  It seems that people talk about flare ups or episodes. I am hoping to get through this bout of symptoms and start feeling better.  One of the most annoying symptoms to me is the disconnect feeling or dreamlike state I get along with dizziness.  I'm scared to have the tilt test because I've read some horror stories about that. In your experience could it be best to have the MRI before doing the tilt. I happen to live in Nashville so I am trying to get into the Vanderbilt Dysautonomia clinic here. In the meantime I have been seeing my EP.  Thanks!!