Tooth extraction

dancer65

Hi everyone  

I am really not good with dentists after some really bad experiences over the last 15 years , my legs tremble even sat in the waiting room and I have to fight hard not to leave the building !  I have finally found a dentist that I think is ok  I have only seen him for a check up so far, he asked loads of questions about POTS and was asking if I was ok during the check up . I had to see his colleague for the emergency  appointment last week after excuriating pain in my face and jaw. Now on two antibiotics as I have an abscess under my back molar which will have to be extracted as it is almost all filling,  my roots are twisted so apparently it will take longer to take out yikes! Also got to have a root filling on its neighbour, I hate my teeth being messed about with they are so sensitive . 

Not sure if I should be asking for an epi  free local ? I have never had a bad reaction before being diagnoised They have always had a problem numbing my mouth,  even  for a filling I have to have two injections . I know this is ridiculous but I am really stressed out about it i have had numerous surgeries and not nervous but this tooth extraction terrifies me ! 

Thank you in advance 

Hi dancer,  I react the same way to a dentist.  I feel same way you do about an extraction.  I stayed fairly calm at the dental surgery, crowns, & fillings I've had but I've spent a lot of money trying to save 1 tooth that I should have taken out long ago.  After all I've been through to save the tooth I think it still will have to come out.  I  always ask for epi free dental anesthetic.  It doesn't last as long as the one with epi but I felt no pain.  The dentist will give you another injection if you need it. Good luck!