Issues when just sitting!!

Just a rant, but I am so tired of POTS.  I have issues when all I'm doing is sitting in my recliner(not reclining, I never do).  I know it is not blood sugar, as I eat often in the morning knowing it can drop on me. It's not the heat, because I'm running the heck out of my central air.  If any normal person felt like I do a lot of mornings, they'd be in the emergency room.  I just call my husband on my worst days and ask him to call back to check on me in 30 minutes.  It always gets better as the hours go by.

I feel lightheaded just sitting, my heart rate and blood pressure are slightly jumping around, mostly higher.  I feel out of it, weakish.  I go through this about 30-50% of my mornings.  I am tired of it!  Besides having no energy and no focus in the mornings, I then have to have these episodes to deal with while home alone.  It just gets old.

Guest ANCY

So sorry you are having such trouble! I know how miserable it can be being unable to tolerate sitting. When I was at my worst I could not even move around in bed without passing out. Saying prayers that your day will go better! Keep pushing the salt and fluids! Something that did help me was making sure I was not fluid depleted before getting up in the morning. Was best when I started my 24 hr fluid and tube feeds because I had a constant flow of fluids, so have learned not to get out of bed before I'm hydrated.

Sue, I do that sometimes too. But if I keep my mast cell issues under better control - it's less. Have you tried treating that to see if it helps?  When I'm real bad and want it to work faster, I get children's liquid Allegra. I also take more GastroCrom. 

If it's POTS related, I find Motherswort or Blackstrap molasses to help. It seems the minerals (or something) in there help and calm the sympathetic system down. 

Issie

Thanks everyone.  I do take in a lot of salty fluids and almost a gallon of fluids daily.  Maybe that keeps me from feeling even worse, who knows! 

Issie, I tried the various allergy meds and such, and always felt worse on them.  I have no clue why.

Eating is definitely a catch-22 for me.  If I don't eat, I get low blood sugar issues.  If I eat, I also get low blood sugar IF I don't eat every 2 hours. It's "preventative".  Because I eat often, I don't eat much at a time.

Mornings are just so hard to get through, and a waste of a half-day.

Sue, I'm not sure whether this might work for you, but it does help me a lot: I've been on a low carb diet for over a year now to level out blood sugars, and though I lost 13 kilo's (which was too much for me) I've been doing much better blood sugar-wise. Just thought to let you know! Oh and I def can't cheat, my body will pick it up immediately and starts off giving me real lows (like 2,4 ie)