POTS - Autoimmune, possibly vaccine triggered

I know a group of ladies from a loosely organized POTS group that I attended once, that felt that their daughter's symptoms began after the HPV vaccine.  I would think that it's certainly not out of the realm of possibility.  My daughters have had symptoms since they were very small, could have been the childhood vaccines, as well.  In their case, though, I think puberty was their biggest contributing factor.

There is research linking the HPV vaccine to POTS.  The problem with the HPV vaccine was that it was rushed to market and mandated in some states while it was very new.  We are learning about the after effects now, after it is already too late for some people.  But each vaccine is very different.  Is there research linking other vaccines to POTS?  

Edited by yogini

I think a polio vaccine when I was young started my autoimmune dysfunction. Lots of research has been done showing issues with vaccines and them causing autism,  autoimmune problems, gullian barre and other neurological issues. Studies directly for POTS - not seeing many. But based on my life - I think it contributed. 

There was a big cover up on polio vaccines in late 50s early 60s of the results of the polio vaccines. 

Issie

I don't know about the old polio vaccine. Some of the more recent research on vaccines/autism etc. is pretty controversial -- probably off topic for this forum.  I think the research on HPV vaccines isn't controversial, though, so that is the one vaccine I would be most concerned about.

Edited by yogini