Compression Pants Vs. Compression Tights

DizzyGirls

I have a dilemma, my daughter's cardiologist wants her to try some form of compression - whether it be tights, pants, etc. My daughter would be much more likely to wear compression pants instead of the tights, but I am having a hard time finding the mm ratings on the pants. Are they just a little more snug than regular leggings? She needs 25 mmHg. The tights, as you all well know, are really uncomfortable under skinny jeans (itchy also). She's only 19 and would still like to be fashionable and also not roast with the tights underneath her pants. Trying to find a happy medium and also help her feel better. Any suggestions?

Don't know about the tights or pants. But. Another alternative might be thigh high compression hose and a shaping cam like the Genie Cami or one of the Spanx products.

I have several problems with my skin and GI upsey, so it can't wear anything that cuts across my upper abdomen. I also get rashes from the "panty hose" type compression materials. So, I have found what my compromise is which is to wear the more cotton like compression knee high socks and then a shaping cam which gives my abdomen some compression. It's not perfect but I make it work and from a fashion standpoint, I can make it work.

I use open-toe pantyhose, 20-30 mm Hg. I bought one pair of compression leggings to try because no feet would be great for summer.

Juzo has compression leggings in lots of colors, but they are only 15 - 20 mm Hg. Not enough, but better than nothing. My foot veins still fill and distend when I wear them, but not as much as without. Also, they are not solid like fashion leggings, but semi-opaque like tights.

There are a few other brands that have compression leggings in 20-30 mm Hg, but they only come in beige, black, and brown. These also look like they will be semi-opaque.

The sports tights are good (and more comfy), but just don't provide as much compression. I did not find spanx to be that effective. I find even the 15-20 compression hose is better than sports tights or spanx. You could try a few different things and see what works best for her. I usually wear a pair of opaque tights (or pants) over my compression stockings because I don't like the way they look.

I was looking at those, but decided to try some knee high socks first to see if I wanted to put out that much money on them. I know I have a friend who uses the Tommy Copper ones. They are a little bit more expensive, though. I am still weighing the pants in my mind, though (these are for my teenage daughters), as the socks make your feet sweat and the pants would leave your toes free!