Does This Sound Like Vertigo?

artluvr09

Was this vertigo? I woke up this morning when out to decide what to have for breakfast. Then I got distracted looking in the mirror on the side of the fridge. Then I went to look at my grandma who was right there and i did not turn my head quick at all and I suddenly felt like i was falling and being swooped back up kind of swaying. I am not sure if the room span or not cause i closed my eyes as soon as the sensation started. It was really weird. It just happened once thank goodness. But i never felt like anything like it.

Yes if it happened when you turned your head that does sound to me like vertigo (but I'm not a doctor).

I know my own symptoms (I have moderate peripheral vestibulopathy) and if I look up too fast to look at a bird or a plane or something I will feel dizzy and imbalanced, like I am tipping over backwards. It's not just a feeling, I actually do start tipping over backwards, because when I used to work the drive-thru at the coffee shop I used to work at, the order screen was way up high and we had to keep looking way up and then down to make the coffees (stupid design I know) and I couldn't do that for more than 15 minutes and I'd insist on switching spots with someone, cuz one time I caught myself starting to tip over backwards and I refused to do that spot anymore even though we were supposed to stay an hour... there was nothing to meet my skull behind me but sharp tile counter edge :blink:

If it keeps happening get your doctor to send you to an otolaryngologist.

Little Blue Jay, That is exactly how i get too! I get overwhelmed in grocery stores when i have to look high on shelfs and I hate bending up and down. I can't pick up sea shells anymore without getting lightheaded! I mean I have never gotten this sensation before it was weird. And states of: I found it did go away quickly thankfully .