Muscle Weakness

vonant

Hello.

I am new and likely have severe dysautonomia. I have all the symptoms. I want to ask about weakness in the limbs. I have constant weakness in my arms and leg muscles. Biceps and thighs mostly. I can feel it throughout the day and it gets worse if I over use them. I thought it was normal in dysautonomia but I havn't seen it mentioned that much. I always see this word "fatigue" and I am confused as to what it exactly means. I'm not tired, I don't feel "run over by a bus". I just have severe weakness and my muscles become sore very easily. Anyone else have this?

Muscle weakness is also a symptom of hypothyroidism. I never had muscle weakness w/my dysautonomia but then started having some to the point that I had trouble walking up the stairs or would have to sit on the top stair to rest before moving on and they determined that I had hypothyroidism. This started many years after my dysautonomia diagnosis.

I've got it too. Thighs are the worst, but I do have it in my upper arms and lower legs as well. Makes it hard to exercise - it seems like no matter how many strengthening exercises I do, my muscles don't really seem to get any stronger. We have ruled out endocrine diseases (including thyroid), I don't have any autoimmune markers (no calcium channel antibodies) and paraneoplastic syndromes (like lambert eaton). So, in my case, the muscle weakness is either a symptom of whatever underlying disease might be causing my POTS (which we haven't found yet), or it's just a part of the POTS itself.

I always wonder this too. I have had pots for 5 years and only within the last year had muscle weakness as a symptom. Mine comes and goes though, it does not stay and it is sometimes accompanied by numbness.

Edited to add- I have had MRI's to rule out MS, they were positive it was not that. I went to a rheumatologist who told me sjogren's could possible cause this but they dont really know how to treat it and it could go away as fast on its own as with treatment.