Started My New Job Today

I thought I was going in today to do training but they had me work for the first time today. I was surprised. I was hoping to do the training first to get used to it but they had me start shelving until i get trained to use the computers. I didn't expect to jump right in and start shelving. They showed me how shelving worked and everything and I am getting the hang of it. Everyone is really nice. I like it there and we get a 15 minute break. It was muggy in the building because it was hot out but It was cooler in different rooms which was a relief but shelving was done in the muggy room. I mean everyone else probably thought it was comfortable but I like the 69s indoor temperature. Any tips on how to keep energy up? I started getting tired after two hours. My feet hurt and I'm lightheaded from all the bending up and down. any tips on how to avoid getting lightheaded when bending? Also what frustrates me is my parents decide to clean the upstairs bathroom today and I smell the bleach all the way down in the living room. i hope i don't get a migraine. any tips on how to avoid a migraine? Otherwise I think once i get used to the physical activity at the library I will like it :). Eveyrone is so nice and I like the library.

Hi. Glad you had a good first day! Squatting instead of bending over helps some people. When my roommate cleans the bathroom, he opens the window, turns on the fan, and closes the door for a couple hours to help clear the fumes from the cleaner. It's not perfect but it helps. And, finally, when I was a new retail manager, an older manager gave me great shoe advice....wear a different pair of comfortable shoes every day, never the same pair two days in a row. Even comfortable shoes will hurt your feet if you wear them a couple days in a row because it hits the same pressure points on your feet. A different pair will hit different pressure points and keep your tootsies more comfortable. I also found that the gel insoles you can buy at the drug store, such as Dr. Scholl's, do help give extra comfort and cushioning if you have to be on your feet all day. You will probably have sore feet for the first couple weeks until your body gets used to the new routine no matter what you do but that's part of a new job. Congrats on your first day!

Thanks guys! Today was harder. I had 5 hours instead of 4 and I was still worn out from yesterday. Just standing in the shower this morning my feet hurt! and then i had to come home and unload dishwasher and put in a sink full of dishes! I ache and am weak and lightheaded and just plain tired. Hopefully I will build stamina up. I think I am making a friend though :). I mean I know this is only my second day and hopefully I will get more energy as I get used to it.