Palpitations. When To Worry.

artluvr09

I usually don't get this many palpitations at the same time. I usually get one or two a week or not even as many. This evening as I was eating dinner I got 3 palpitations while just eating dinner and then 3 more in the next couple hours. I took my evening atenolol now so hopefully that will help but how should we know when to worry?

Hi there Art,

I too experience palpitations literally all day but as far as my doctors are concerned if the palpitations aren't accompanied by things like chest pain, chest tightness, dizziness etc, then they are 'most' likely benign and nothing to worry about. Just to be sure though like Corina stated, ask your doctor about it!

I also experience palpitations. It is my worst symptom these days. They are uncomfortable and annoying. And sometimes scary, to me, but I have been told they are benign. I avoid caffeine typically and try to stay hydrated. This often helps.

As others have said if you have concerns you should talk to your doctor. You could have monitoring done to determine what these are.