Had A Really Weird Night.

artluvr09

Last night was really strange. I had trouble sleeping. I think i finally fell asleep around 12 am but then kind of woke up around 1 am. Then when i fell back asleep around 1 am. Everytime i went to fall asleep i felt like i had trouble breathing. When I fell back asleep around 1 am I had a nightmare. In my nightmare I couldn't speak and felt like i couldn't breathe. In my nightmare I tried to yell for my mom to say i needed to go to the hospital but i nothing would come out. Then I woke up suddenly having trouble breathing, feeling really disoriented, had trouble writing, ( I was trying to write my symptoms down) couldn't think straight and had trouble waking up fully. I was freaked out. I felt like I was in the dream still but i wasn't. I went downstairs had a banana then tried to calm down. Went back upstairs opened my window because i was hot and clammy and read a little bit to try to calm down. Finally fell back to sleep around 2 am. Then this morning I woke up at 8:30 am. Got up had breakfast but still feeling weak. My resting hr was 111. I got a shower hoping that would snap me out of it and had a warm shower but at the end i drenched myself in a quick cold water to try to wake up but it didn't help much. I still feel weird. I am weak, and still feel kind of like i am in a dream. I don't know what this is and its scary. I just want it to go away and get back to normal. Has anyone else experienced this? What can i do to snap out of it? I hate this feeling it scares me. It doesn't help that it is dreary outside. How do i stop the feeling like i am still in a dream? I mean i know i am not. I hope i don't sound crazy lol. Also my legs ache today probably from the rain.

I hope this passes. I have easter plans and I don't want to feel like crud when we visit family.

Hi art,

I have days when I feel like everything is kind of dreamy (not in a good way). It is usually when I am having a lot of other symptoms and my brain isn't getting enough blood. Compression stocking sometimes help me and a small bit of caffeine like maybe 1/2 a cup of coffee or coke. Rest is always the most important factor for me....if I don't rest on days like that I just make it last even longer.

Hey artluvr09, I also get different types of experiences where things feel "dreamlike" or not really real. One of my symptoms is depersonalization which is basically where you feel disconnected from your surroundings or yourself, usually I have both simultaneously. But also on different days if I have a good amount of brainfog, or like you sleep terribly it will be like I'm walking around in a cloud all day, and I just feel disconnected from things. On those days I just eat alot, drink a lot of water and just limit my activities, it depends on the day but usually it gets better as my sleep cycle is more normalized.

That is exactly how i feel! I think it might have been because i was going to get a migraine. I usually get pro dome symptoms a day or two before a migraine. I didn't realize it though. I got a migraine today and it was horrible. My eyes got blurry i couldn't see at all kept seeing weird squiggly bubble floaters and feeling like passing out. My left hand went numb and the left side of my face went numb. Then i got pain on t he right side of my head and behind the right side of my head.I feel better though and it didn't last. I am glad i had a migraine today so hopefully i won't get one for a mother couple months and i hope i won't get one again when i am visiting family for easter. Has anyone had weird symptoms a day or two before a migraine? I usually get anxious or irritable a couple days before and this time i had a weird taste in my mouth yesterday and the day before. Migraines are scary and strange.

I too have those weird nights. I also don't breath. Thankfully, when I am asleep my dreams turn to that of drowning or something very quickly and I wake up at the last second I wake up and inhale. It takes a while to reorient. I also end up weak and have to rest for at least a day. I don't get typical migraines very often but my eyes do bob about in my head and I can read even with glasses on. I usually see spots and become very sensitive to noise and light.

About the not breathing...I found that I can sort of control my dreams if I tell myself what to dream about and what to do if something goes wonky with my body. This is helpful for when my heart rate goes very high in my sleep and I become boiling hot or if I don't breath on my own. In my imagination, I plan an escape route that wakes me up. I guess it is like meditating in a way but is meant to pop me out of a bad situation should it occur. I don't have sleep apnea in its true sense...I just stop breathing. I have though about getting one of those baby monitors that are pads you stick on your bed for if you stop breathing. At least the alarm would wake my husband. We have 2 twin beds right next to each other. It would not work if you share a bed.