Does Anyone Use Polar Sports Watch M400

artluvr09

I am entering a sweepstakes to win the Polar Sports Watch M400 with heart rate sensor. Does anyone use this model or anyone close to it? How accurate is it? Is it better than a fitbit? I saved up and am waiting to buy a fitbit charge hr plum color but if i win this then I will not need to buy the fitbit. The polar m400 says it has a gps built in. Does that mean it will tell me how to get places? I want to be able to walk but i have no sense of direction. The only thing i don't care for is it has a heart sensor strap. I like the wrist based hr but hey if i win it I will use it :).

I went with the Polar FT7 with the chest band. It is very accurate. I also compared it against a devise that is approved by the AHA and it was right on. The first day I found the chest strap to be mildly uncomfortable but once adjusted, I don't feel it. After reading reviews, I learned that the wrist monitor is not very accurate it you get a little sweaty. I went for accuracy.

I use it for when I work out but I also use it to monitor myself. To just monitor, I start a session and then put in on hold. Then I can see my heart rate all the time and correlate other symptoms with my heart rate. If I want to record the event, I just press continue. It can hold something like 90 sessions. It can all be loaded and tracked using a computer program and you don't have to have a smart phone.

I don't know about the GPS. Why would it have a GPS if it could not help you with where you are?

I hope you win!