Discomfort With A Massage

Eagle3312

I don't do well with massage over the chest area, and she needs to use light pressure over the lung area when doing my upper back. Also I drink water with electrolyte tablets in before and straight afterwards, and often have a snack if I feel lightheaded afterwards. I like to take Sesame Snaps, they are small but work well in this respect. They're half glucose, which I seem to need in this situation, and half sesame seeds, which provide protein and such.

Do you have adrenaline surges in general? Once I started having adrenaline surges from my dysautonomia, even pleasant sensations could set off the surges and cause the symptoms you describe.

I am not sure wheather I have adrenal surges, is there a test to identify these?. My next appointment is April 25th at Cleveland clinic. Hopefully I will get some clarity then.

It could be many things - from lying in a certain position, to the type of massage, the firmness of the pressure, or touching particularly sensitive areas of your body. For example, they could be pressing something in your neck that triggers POTS. POTS patients can be very sensitive.

Luckily for me, massages make my symptoms better. I do have to give some instructions - I tell them to stay away from my stomach, chest and spine