Talked with SSDI attorney today.....

Guest Julia59

Guest Julia59

:rolleyes:

I talked with SSDI attorney today--------------------Uggggg.

I don't know if she knows what she is doing. I thought she was there to help me, but she said to expect a denial soon in the reconsideration process. I know most people are denied in this fase also, but golly gee wiz-------isn't she supposed to go to bat for me and do everything possible.

Instead, she told me that there is no smoking gun proving I have anything wrong with me. I'm sorry, but I have a lot of medical information saying I have POTS, EDS, and multiple upper spine problems/chiari ect. And another recent diagnosis saying I have CFS, and fibromyalgia---but that is recent, and really doesn't hold much weight, and I also think it's that new neurologist's opinion.

I have a lot of test results that are abnormal also. They prove the upper spine issues and a partial blockage of cerebral spinal fluid flow.

I've been through a lot, and have become very depressed as my health issues have gotten worse. Now I find it hard to get out of bed from depression alone.

I'm so bitter right now, I can't see straight.

I have to go to my sleep study now-----------I don't know how much more I can take-----i'm about done.

julie :00

I totally agree with Miriam. The attorney I saw was very supportive and said in filling out the forms "it's all in the wording."

I applied in January, they sent me to see a physician at their cost a couple weeks ago, otherwise I haven't heard anything. I know POTS isn't on their "list" but inappropriate sinus tachycardia is.

I know how frustrating it is. I'm expecting a denial anyday. Then the appeal process, fortunately if I need to go before a judge my physician said he will be there. He has been so supportive these past 10 years. He's watched me deteriorate.

Good luck on your sleep study, been that route. Try to forget about your frustrating day (I know easy to say). They let me watch TV when I did mine, I told them that's what I do at home and she said that it was OK, they turned it off when I fell asleep.

Good Luck :rolleyes:

Dawn

phooey on her! i agree with what everyone said so far...she should be going to bat for you. do you know if there are any other attorneys who do disability stuff in your area? you are in a big area, so hopefully there would be. but, some travel all over to do these cases...mine did. if EDS is in your file, i would think you would win...as soon as i got that diagnosis i was approved (but, bleieve me, up to that point, i fought like you know what). the process is miserable. it makes me so mad. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

sorry to be so short and incoherent....but i had to at least offer you my support and say sorry that you are going through so much these days...

hang on...if there's anything i've learned in the last few months...or years...it's the power of the human spirit to triumph and endure...

emily

Julie

it sounds like you need to get a good disability attorney.

It matters not one whit what the 'tests' say. It's what SYMPTOMS prevent you from being EMPLOYABLE. that's where a savvy attorney is your best friend.

Nina has posted many disability links I posted about here someplace on this site. Please check them out. It's not your job to have to explain your limitations...your attorney should know how to do this before your case goes before a judge.

after all, if you could go and quote chapter and verse on your situation, in a succinct manner, you wouldn't seem all that 'disabled' according to the rules. It takes TIME AND ENERGY to prepare a case.

get a better attorney. This one does no inspire confidence...I would tell her "Your fired" AFTER talking to someboyd else of course!!

Check out the disabilitysecrets.com web site for one..there were some others..too tired and can't sleep.

Guest Julia59

Thanks everyone for your replies!

Sophia, I have checked out all the information on SSDI that you posted. Thank you so much for that. I have learned a lot, and basically, I have worked on my case more then my attorney! I think i'm going to have to fire her. :)

Steph---I sent you a PM regarding you attorney. Thanks for thinking of me. :)

Emily, I know you are always there to support me----you are so sweet-- :)

Dawn---good luck with your case---i'll pray that you get it the first time around, so you won't have to sdeal with this.

Thank you Miriam for your support as well----------- :blink:

Julie :0)

As a British person, is SSDI like social security disability allowance or benefit? And is an attorney like a llawyer? Normally over here we apply for the stuff ourselves. Or do you have an attorney to sue someone who denied you had a disability?

If it's about disability benefit, I'm having problems here at the moment. POTS is not a recognised illness with the benefit agencies in Britain, which is mighty irritating.

I am not a student at the moment- my degree officially ended last week...so for now, I'm a zero, zilch, nothing! My income is zero, so are my savings! but I'm too ill to work.

Your attorney person, whatever capacity you have hired them under, seems like a very silly and narrowminded individual. do you have to pay for their services? If so, I would tell them to "shove off" and try to find someone else! Maybe someone else on here who lives near ya can recommend someone else?

Sorry you're having a rubbishy time of it. Have a hug, and know that when things are this bad, they can ONLY GET BETTER :)

Guest Mary from OH

Julie-

Get thee another lawyer. You are paying them to work for YOU!! If she feels she can't win your case, then I guess, #1 she stinks and, #2 you need a new attorney, one that gives a hoot and is prepared to do everything and beyond in her power to help you win!! What a loser!!! I forget what area you are in, but let me know if I can help!!

Sending good vibes your way!!

This process really stinks, I know.

Guest Julia59

Thanks Mary,

I live in Toledo Ohio. I'm working on a "I'm letting you go" letter----suitably attired just for her. After a failed sleep study---I just didn't have the energy today.

But i'm definately letting her know in so many words--she's a bucket of bolts.

I did get kind of a bad feeling when I met with her---but I thought I would give her a chance.

She reminds me of someone with heavily starched underwear----her personality is as dry as a bone sitting in the desert.

She asked me "how did you hear about me", and I told her the yellow pages.

She said -----"uhhh". I said, "isn't that why you have an ad", and she said "uhhh" again. I had to fire my last attorney, as he never sent any of my medical records to SSDI and the case was delayed, as I was never told that I was to fill out the application.

I was ignorant in the process, and they told me everything was handled. I called the office one day after receiving something from SSDI, and I asked them, "shouldn't I have filled out some paper work", and the perky receptionist hooked me up with the young 25 year old girl whom the case was passed down to by the alcholic attorney.

I have attorneys in my family, but none of them deal with SSDI, one is a criminal lawyer, and the other is an attorney that works for an insurance company.

This time around, I promise to scope things out much better.

Persephone--- Thank you for the hug, I needed it-- :) attorney/lawyer are the same meaning here in the US--- :)

Good luck with getting your disability. Have you already applied ?---I assume you have. WE have the same thing here---POTS is not on the list, but some of the symptoms are.

I learned a lot from those links Sophia posted a while ago, I saved them in my "favorites" section in the computer. Thanks again Sophia!-- :)

Guest Julia59

Thanks Steph,

Actually the first one was a referral---but now I will go with referrals from people who have won their SSDI.

Tried and true---is what I want.

Julie, Sorry you are at your wits end and going through this. I agree with everyone else. Get rid of that attorney. IT is not the disease that makes people accepted. It is the level of disability...the symptom...the ability to function. Concentrate on this. Ill keep you in my thoughts and prayers. DawnA

Julie, Sorry you are at your wits end and going through this. I agree with everyone else. Get rid of that attorney. IT is not the disease that makes people accepted. It is the level of disability...the symptom...the ability to function. Concentrate on this. Ill keep you in my thoughts and prayers. DawnA