Is Anyone Using Himalayan Salt?

looneymom

I was able to find some at a local health food store and decided to try it with Tyler. Just wondering if anyone else has used it and if you have seen any improvement with POTS symptoms. Here are a few articles that I have come across that discuss benefits and how it can be used.

http://www.dev.bslcore.com/article/balancing_effect_of_himalayan_crystal_salt_on_blood_pressure_and_heart_circ

http://empoweredsustenance.com/himalayan-salt-benefits/

http://draxe.com/10-benefits-celtic-sea-salt-himalayan-salt/

I did actually purchase Himalayan pink salt but only ever used it occasionally in my water as I don't really like the taste! Having said that reading the idea of having a salt bath with it sounds like it might be worth a try - I also think I may start subbing it for the salt I use on my food as I currently use sea salt. Hadn't really read up much on it in the past just I heard it was better than normal salt. Rather intrigued now I have read those links though saying it contains so many minerals.

Thanks for the links!

I just read a study that reported that the table salt found in processed foods is thought to contribute to autoimmune diseases because it stimulates the immune system in a negative way. Himalayan salt or sea salt is not believed to do this because it's not processed and still retains the minerals found naturally with the salt. I have tried Himalayan but now use sea salt because it is a little higher in sodium content. I'm also trying to eat as organic as possible now too.

Honestly only bought it because it's pink, lol. Pink is my favorite color, and I joked that if I was gonna have to ruin all my food with salt, at least it could be pretty.

I love mine on some steamed edamame. In fact, now I'm craving some....

I was using it but read that the one "man made" way to create a low thyroid situation is by not using iodized salt. I started using iodized sea salt but that's not always easy to find. The article talked about the fact that low thyroid can be found d often in populations that don't have access to iodized salt. My mom and sister have Hashimotos and I present as autoimmune so I thought it was important not to risk not getting enough iodine to keep my thyroid normal.

I also tried Himalayan salt foot detox patches. I didn't feel better or worse for it but the patches did turn a nasty shade of brown and created one of the worst odors I've ever smelled.

That all being said, I do believe that using this could be beneficial if O e had MI real deficiency.

I have not been convinced of any benefits over typical table salt. The minerals it does contain is in such trace amounts that I cannot see realizing any benefit. I guess that you can say that I am skeptical.

It is not that it tastes radically different, but that it does not dissolve as fast on our tongue.

I do not see where it would hurt or help. For those that prefer it, they should certainly continue using it. For me, I would have to see some actual evidence before I spent the extra money.