Compression

I know that most of us are supposed to be wearing compression. I'm finding it hard to make myself do it, but I'm going to start trying to wear them more often, because you try anything to help, right? But I was wondering if there is any way you can make them less ugly. Has anyone tried dyeing them with fabric dye? Would that work at all, or would it damage the stockings?

I think these look so fun!

http://www.compressionstockings.com/juzo-soft-c-67.html

I'm in the market for compression stockings myself, but because of the price, I've been taking my time to find something right.

Here is another link (to use for non-usa members)

http://www.compressi...0at-p-2539.html

Edited by corina
added another link

Hi Goschi,

maybe you have the same problem like me?

My blood vessels, the little ones calld capillary, havent a dilation, but they have a constriction. It turns legs and arms also blue when Im upright.

So I think, when I wearing compression socks, the blood vessels woud have much more constriction and it's getting worse. The most have problems with blood pooling in their legs, because

their blood vessels dilate and so it helps to wear compression socks for constriction.

Thats the reason, why Im need it warm or why I need warm showers, because it helps to dilation my blood vessels.

Thats atypical for Pots.

So the doctors calld my symptoms not Pots. They think, my heart beats to fast when Im upright, because the blood pooling in my arms and my legs bye the reason of constriction blood vessels (capillary). So have my heart much harder to work.

But what about my other symptoms??? :-(

They say, I'm supposed to wear also compression socks. But I dont think it works.

What do you think, no Pots but positiv standing test???

Is anyone here with the same problem?

Thanks for reading.

With warm regards,

Andrea.

Andrea--there do seem to be quite a few variations of POTS--different things going on physiologically, yet all lead to the characteristic change in heart rate from prone to standing. Some of us have high blood pressure (all the time, or at times) others low, others a combination. It seems for some people, constriction rather than dilation is a problem. I know that may not be very helpful for understanding your situation, other than to know that this is also why there are so many treatments for POTS and what works for one person may not for another--it takes some trial and error often to find the best treatment. Great your doctor is working with you to try to figure out what will help you! It's also very helpful for this reason for POTS patients to talk to each other to learn what has helped others... as you are doing! :) Hope you start to feel better soon.

Hi MomtoGiuliana,

thanks for your understanding.

My problem is that I still have no diagnosis, but pain and so many strange symptoms. I cant find someone who hase the same...

Can I wright a new topic? I would like to tell you about these symptoms a second time.

I would like to do a list with all of them and I wish, that you answer me and tell me, wich symptoms do you have too?

I'm at the end, I can no longer. Not knowing what is going on, makes me desperate and anxious. I cry all the time, I have that feeling, this ends my life.

I can no longer sit at the table without extreme pain in my neck and without headaches back of my head. And dizziness when Im speak and to feel like I have a solid belt around my chest and my hands and arms change in blue. When I speak, it pains in my neck, have pain in my teeth, it starts on my scalp to tingle in the face and the jaw and with every word I say, I feel dizzy.

My hole face feels like numb ore like muscle ache. As it would be tense... It is not to keep out... what can it be?

To be continued...

Please I need your help... Im so desperate! :'-(

Andrea

Andrea, I know how you feel, lots of us do. It has taken some of us over 5 years to get diagnosed. I think it's your medical history that makes you so nervous and desperate. It seems to me (as a fellow POTSie) that the circulation problems you have are seen in many of us. Wearing compression hose helps the circulation in my legs. I often have purple hands (probably Raynaud's though not officially diagnosed it's something my cardio mentioned) so I try to keep them warm and do small exercizes.

I hope this makes you feel some better. POTS in itself isn't life threatening. Have you asked your doctors about the neck pain? It might be the cause of your problems?

Hi Corina,

Yes I have told it often, but they have not responded.

Thats not a symptom of Pots...at the moment it feels so hard, if I can not speak and sitting with my family... it is a nightmare!!!

At this morning the half of my face was numb. But as I moved my head ist going back to normal. I have told it to my doctor, but she meant wrong located.