Severe Depression-The Real Thing.

POTLUCK

I would just like to say thank you to Raisin, Katybug, Blue, Looneymom, Valdiz, Artluver09, Chaos, Sue1234, Yogini, Rama, KJay, Corina, Dizzieallie, and E Soskis for all of your support, well wishes, prayers, encouragement, thoughts and advice, and comments on this thread during this past year, the toughest year of my life.

I do continue to have at least moderate depression but know this will get better and I will return to working. I am very very thankful to have moved past a very bad place in my life, and thankful to have good people like all of you to help me with this.

I wish everyone improvement in their own health! Thank you.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sooooooo glad to hear you are feeling better and in my opinion you did all the right things! You reached out, researched and took good care of yourself at a time when you probably didn't feel like taking good care of you. Sleep is so very important to stabilizing a mood, don't you think? I know it is critical for me.

A lost job is a bummer but I am joyful that we don't have a lost Potluck! Life can sure throw a curveball sometimes, eh? Please continue to take care of yourself and let us know how you are doing. It sounds like you are saying the depression is still there a bit but is much more manageable, now? I am glad and wish you a continued recovery. Virtual hug is sent your way!

I too have moderate depression so can relate. Its tough trying to keep it in check I know. Thanks for sharing your experience.

• 2 years later...

I've noticed as well: brutal mornings, awful afternoons, and only somewhat normalcy during the evening or late hours. Anyone figure out any remedies for this? After trying three ssri's and a couple tricyclics to no avail I was considering trying a maoi, this however makes me worried. I know this is an old thread but any help would be greatly appreciated. 

-Mark