Trouble Breathing While Trying To Sleep

artluvr09

This morning and tonight I noticed that when I am trying to fall asleep I feel like I cant breath. I don't know what it is. Its frustrating because it is 1 am and whenever I lay down I feel like I cant breath when I start to fall asleep. It's really random. I don't usually get this. Do you guys get these symptoms? It's scary!

Does it help if you sleep in a recliner? I have done this a few times with my son. This does not happen very often with him. He seems to have more trouble with this when is really wore out physically.

I posted about this a month ago, had a very bad episode (have had minor ones in the past). My abdomen felt funny, too, like it was also heavy. I was afraid it was related to my heart, as the symptoms matched congestive heart failure (my Bp was also very very low - 78/52)I have trouble sleeping on top of it because I jerk awake frequently (I suspect it's an adrenaline response to low Bp or oxygen because I am trembling and my heart is racing when I jerk awake). I went to the doc and surprisingly she wants me to rule out reflux with an endoscopy. I read that it can present that way but I don't think that's it.

I had this again earlier this week, at night, after an intense workout that evening. I was urinating a lot that night, which may or may not be relevant. I recently saw a new endocrinologist who mentioned that cortisol helps regulate water retention, and I have adrenal insufficiency. Now I'm wondering if I'm having some minor episodes of adrenal crisis after working out, am flushing water resulting in low Bp at night. Even tho I was having to get up all night to urinate, I tried to drink water to replace what I was losing.

I have urine strips (from amazon) that can assess many variables. Since I sometimes produce NO urine and at other times can't stop urinating, I'm trying to see what's going on. I wish others did the same so that I could compare notes! I'm now trying to track concentration (specific gravity), ph and leukocytes (protein and ketones are also often positive but maybe falsely so? Not sure). Strangely, I have been sporadically leukocyte positive over the years so gave been often tested for bladder infections-always neg. this week after the bad breathing ep, I felt bad and was briefly leuk positive. I have been leuk pos w my urine strips, too, for windows of time and then nothing. Doc hasn't cared since it's not a bladder infection...(?!) I don't know if/how it could be related but I'm tracking it.