Does Anyone Else Worry About What To Wear To Dr. Appts.? Odd I Know.

Raisin

Ok...this is odd but I worry about what to wear to appts. I want to appear nice because I want to be taken seriously. I don't want to appear toooo nice because then they won't believe me when I tell them I feel like dog poo on most days. I want to wear makeup because I don't want too look terrible but then if I wear makeup, I am covering up the dark circles under my eyes and my beautiful pale palor. Anyone get what I am saying? That's why I like videos. It's like...."this is me after trying to dress up to come here and smile because I was taught to smile.....and......This is me on Pots."ha!

I sit both ways. Lol. I'd prefer to sit on the floor but age and a back operation have caught up with me. A good doctor notices much, I've found. I've noticed that when I have to sit with my feet down I automatically curl up and tense my toes. My body trying to keep the blood pumping, i suppose.

Blue

I can most definitely relate! I also struggle with trying to decide whether orn not to wear/bring a sweater. Half the time I'm too cold, ad half the time I'm way too hot. To bring the sweater, or to not?

Yup, that's me too! When I do end up bringing it I feel like an idiot because I never needed it, but if I don't bring it that's the day every building I go into's got the AC cranked up and I've got goosebumps in places I can't even see LOL

I've gotten to the point I dress for comfort. I have a couple pairs if yoga pants, cami top with bra built in (no metal), and a shirt. Sometimes I even make sure I'm wearing underwear, lol... (Yeah, there might have been some brain fog moments.). I go in how I feel, no make up, comfy clothes, etc. if I'm wearing something that doesn't feel right to me on that day (sometimes clothes just hit me wrong), but I look nice, they never take me seriously. If I go like I'm about to fall into bed after I get home, they seem to realize that it takes a lot of effort for me to get going.

Lovely auto to correct... Had to fix a bad word thanks to my iPad

Edited by Becia

I'm currently not typing well I think, because I'm so dizzy I can't seem to focus on anything. And it took me a few tries to really read that, and then I was like "oh no, I'm gonna get another message of edited post, lol".... I really wish I could get voice to text working on my iPad, lol.

Don't worry Becia, my auto correct is driving me nuts but I Won't turn it off as I'm determined to conquer it.

I'm using a Samsung tablet as the screen doesn't seem to aggravate my vision and migraines as much as my laptop or desktop plus I can lay down and rest my neck while typing. I do, however, accidently hit the 'like this' button with my thumb regularly but am not aware of it until I get the message that I've posted the maximum likes for the day.

Blue

My Psychiatrist once meant to type SSNRi's and the name of an antidepressant that starts with a P. instead, his phone autocorrected to "sunrise" and "prostitution". Oh My Gosh! I laughed so hard. Then, I texted him back saying that I haven't tried prostitution for a remedy and asked if that was his "doctor's orders". He was sooooo embarrassed! LOL!