Ideas/coping Please...

Lyla, I haven't tried it but a friend with POTS says meclezine (sp?) helps her with motion sickness and nausea. I'm in the same situation as you - a flare with a vacation coming up. My doc added florinef for me this week. That plus lots of fluids seem to have helped the nausea a little bit. My doc said to stay out of the heat, that if I'm going to do things outside it should be early a.m. or evening. I've had an awful few weeks. Hang in there!

I just bought "Mission cooling towels" and they really work. I got them on HSN but I noticed they are sold at Bed Bath and Beyond. If you get them, make sure you read the instructions. I also have ice packs that have steaps that can go around your waste. I have a script from my doc for phenergan for nausea/motion sickness but I have used Bonine which is an OTC for motion sickness. There are also acupressure wrist bands sold in some pharmacies that have a little bead that rests on an acupressure point on the inside of the wrist. I used them on a cruise many moons ago and they work although they are not a great fashion statement.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Writerlymom, hey I'm sorry you're going through a flare too. I hope that you feel better soon, and can enjoy your vacation.

Katybug, wow I don't think I've ever seen the cooling towels before, and ice packs round your waist sounds like a good idea. I've bought a pair of the acupressure wrist bands and hopefully they will help. I had some crazy ideas for decorating them with embroidery so they look less medical! Maybe I'll do that one day when I'm not too tired and go around with the grooviest motion sickness bands ever!!! :D

Best Wishes,

Lyla

The accu pressure wrist bands did not help my nausea/motion sickness & I had a bad reaction to McClezine, hopefully you want. What does seem to help is Ativan taken about an hour before you get in vehicle. Benadryl seems to help others in my family.

I hope you enjoy your vacation.