Regurgitation Of Heart Valve. Chicken Or Egg

So finally got the results of my echo. There's some regurgitation in one of my heart valves and one of them aren't working hard enough/efficient enough. She said it's not that bad atm and they just want to keep an eye on it. So I guess that's why he's thinking of doing a heart MRI but wants to see what my pulmonologist thinks.

I'm actually really confused right now. They said it was slight so I don't think it would be causing my problems with oxygen and seizures from lack of oxygen and insane tachycardia. Maybe if it was more severe but not from a slight amount. Although maybe that's what makes them want to do an MRI because the echo showed a slight amount but my symptoms could be suggesting more? I'm also not sure if it's the result of my being sick and its proof that damage is already being done. It's that chicken or the egg thing. I don't know much but why do you guys think? There's probably no way to know if it's making me sick or the result of being sick from looking at my results.

I have "some" regurgitation, and was told by numerous cardiologist that it is a normal finding. I have also read that regurgitation is common in athletes. I guess it probably depends on the amount of regurgitation. The echo report should list the amount of regurgitation and your general heart function

When you mentioned the heart valve, it made me think of my son's situation. My son just had an echocardiogram when he was at the hospital. Instead of having them done every 2 years. It's now every year. Does heart disease run in the family? Or better yet could you have had Rhumatic or Scarlet Fever when you were younger? Either one of these can cause problems with heart valves later on in life. This change can happen 10-20 years later after this illness has happened. It is hard to go back and prove that you had Rhumatic fever but research is getting closer to finding the proof. I suspect that I am in that situation with my son. It's good that your doctors are going to keep a close watch on this. The MRI is a good thing for them to do if they feel like they need more information.

Your heart has to pump the blood to get the oxygen to the different parts of the body. If something is not allowing this to happen and it's not POTS related, then this may be causing your POTS symptoms. Hang in there. It sounds like you are going to get some answers.

No I didn't have either as a child. The weird thing is a few years ago I had an echo before I got sick and it was perfect. I wonder if that's why they are doing the MRI. Because the echo showed SOME regurgitation which some would not cause symptoms. Although if my symptoms could be explained by this then that would mean A LOT of regurgitation so I think they are making sure they can see the whole picture a nd that my symptoms can't be explained by my heart. Yes I think they are going to have me get an echo every year too.