why get so hyper and anxious when eating?

Radha

i wonder if any of you know why i get so anxious and the terrible adrenaline feeling, when i eat, everytime i eat, as soon as few bites go in, start breathing fast, everything feels fast inside, like i just want rip my skin off! cant sit still, start fidgeting, cant concentrate or focus, well i eventually calm down after an hour or 2 after finished eating, but its a terrible time and happens everytime i eat, mom is very worried, sometimes i also get tachy, but this terrible wired feeling like i drank way way too much coffee happens every time i eat, was wondering why food triggers this reaction, well, if anyone can explain why or whats going on i would appreciate it, thanks for any input, i feel so grateful to be a part of this group, i feel i can ask anything and you take the time to reply with such caring posts, i'm sorry i dont contribute more, i wish i had more valuable input to add, thanks again for all your support and kindness,

radha

Hi Radha,

Sorry to hear your feeling badly. Just to touch base on this, I don't have the links handy to provide the medical information on this but from what I've read, alot of people who have autonomic/orthostatic problems have drops in bp after eating. It's called post prandial hypotension, it can make you feel really strange until things level out, it's because the intestines require more blood volume during digestion I believe. Some people have postprandial hypoglycemia that occurs but there is some controversy on this one subject that has changed in belief system over the last few years by physicians from what I've read. Hopefully your doc will figure out what is going on soon, you may want to ask about food allergies as well to cover all bases. I know myself, that when I eat heavy carb and sugar breakfast I feel odd until things level out again especially if I eat pancakes, which I love to eat. I relayed this to my doc and was inform on what to avoid (food wise) to help this at least in the morning hours that is. When I can get to them, I'll find the links for you to view.

Don't feel badly about contributing, you're fine. Everyone has their own ideas and suggestions that will help someone even if they are just popping in to see what's up. So don't let that stop you from giving your ideas and suggestions or even if it's just asking questions because it opens the matter up for discussion which is always a good thing. You have valued input as well.

Have a great night and feel better.

You contribute plenty, Radha. Just by being part of the family. :lol:

Wanted to comment on that allergy thing... I had some nuts on Friday night, and I felt like I had food poisoning within an hour. Really messed me up. The postprandial hypotension is a huge deal for me, too - makes the adrenaline kick in to get my BP back up, I suppose. Have you noticed if your pulse drops before you go tachy?

Guest tearose

I eat sugar. I think I am accustomed to it. I get that hyper feeling if I am busy and I stop to eat and my sense is that my body is trying to decide whether to help my food digest or to make my brain work. It doesn't multi-task like it use to! I usually have to force myself to slow down. I try to eat more frequent smaller meals and this helps a lot! Sometimes after that hyper feeling some time will pass and then I feel sooo tired I will need to take a 5-15 minute rest/nap.

Hi Radha,

Do you start to have your symptoms right after you take a bite? I think that for most of us the problem hits a while after eating. Postprandial hypotension starts when the food makes it to our stomachs. So your symptoms may be something different than just POTS. I would encourage you to talk to your doctor about this, because maybe it's one of the meds you are taking or even the lyme disease you posted about that's causing this -- just a thought.

I really hope you feel better soon.

-Rita