Pots Antibody Study Fund - Mission Accomplished!

Very Cool! Even if it holds up in the bigger studies at Vanderbilt and OK, other places will need to verify the findings to have them validated so I'm glad to see that DI is keeping the fund open.

Thanks to everyone who donated/will be donating!!! :)

This is very exciting! I looked just a couple of days ago and the fund was only at $38,000+.

Sue, My POTS neuro said he thinks they will probably start checking blood samples they have in there storage bank for research but I told him to sign me up if they put out the word that they're looking for volunteers. If I hear anything I'll pass it on. I have to think the sample will be expanded at some point or the antibodies will be so common in POTS patients that they will make the test more widely available.

POTS/FM/CFS/ME and many interrelated conditons have been associated with autoantibodies to various receptors, including those related to the ANS and found in this study. It is an important step forward, but don't expect too much in the near future. Findings such as these have been known in CFS/ME and FM for years and there are still no large trials examining the effects of drugs used to treat autoimmune disorders in said conditions.