Sports Compression Wear

Wondering whether anyone here has tried sports compression wear to see how it compares to compression stockings?

I'm talking about products like these. I have the Zoot CRX tights, both active and recovery. I think they are more comfortable than compression hose and work just as well (if not better, because I feel like wearing them longer). I am curious to try some other brands. They are just as expensive as Juzo, etc, and not covered by insurance either! I got mine on clearance and can hopefully do the same again, but would appreciate recommendations. There are also compression tops. I am willing to consider anything that helps even a little!

http://www.amazon.com/Zoot-Sports-Unisex-Adult-Recovery/dp/B002NLWI4K/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1398910477&sr=8-6&keywords=zoot+crx

http://www.amazon.com/SKINS-Womens-Recovery-Tights-Graphite/dp/B004A98BP8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1398910501&sr=8-3&keywords=skins+ry400

http://www.amazon.com/2XU-Womens-Compression-Recovery-Black/dp/B00591PTOW/ref=sr_1_2?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1398910570&sr=1-2&keywords=recovery+tights

There are pros and cons.

I have both. Honestly the medical compression hose works better for me.

I have Skins. They were expensive and are very comfortable. They are better than nothing but if you have ever had basic running tights you know pretty much how they feel. I like the articulated knees and they are easier to deal with for bathroom trips.

I think I pool in my feet so full length works best but I rarely wear them.

various Spanxs items are easy to hide under street clothing but not as effective.

Also knee high compression socks are helpful.

I feel much better with medical support hose compression- It's just such a pain and hot sometimes. I've even layered compression - spanxs with compression sport leggings and compression socks.

The reality if it's not comfortable I don't wear it like I should.

EDIT: I looked up your links and my guess is that the Skins are not like the Zoot. I intentionally bought mine to be tight and they still are not quite enough. The are super soft, smooth, and stretchy. It's hard to explain my my "real" compression stockings have a firmness to the fabric. Skins have a lot of give.

Kjay, I don't feel any difference with compression socks. I can't wear waist high compression, so the thigh high works best for me. I also wear an abdominal binder (vedette shapewear, which is stronger than spanx). Spanx doesn't do enough for my POTS or my gut!

But frankly I prefer my Zoot recovery tights to the comrpression hose. I read about Zoot on a Facebook dysautonomia group. Zoots are kind of bulky, though. Maybe that's why they work. Thanks for the tip about Skins. I guess I should not bother with them unless I can find them on super clearance. .

I bought socks marketed for diabetics- I actually lent them to someone and never got them back. Of course fit is SOOO important for this stuff.

I'd quess that the Skins would be too stretchy for you. I just haven't found anything to be as effective but when you are exercising I think skins are great. I forgot to mention that. I'm inferring that you do yoga? I would absolutely recommend the skins for yoga, Pilates, biking etc. They are very comfortable.

Thanks for the info on Zoot. I could see them working for me around the house. :)

Oops. Sorry I saw you do exercise- I totally recommend skins instead of "yoga" pants.

I don't have severe pooling. I wear compression only during a flare up. The recovery tights I can wear under my clothing even on good days and tehy give me an extra boost.

I have active zoot tights which I wear for yoga. They are not as comfy as regular yoga pants, but not really uncomfortable either. I want to try Skins and a couple of other brands to see how they compare to the Zoot. If only they were cheaper!