Does Your Blood Pressure Sink Very Low At Night?

lynnie22

I was just curious if many of you have blood pressure lows at night -- really low? Recently my bp has been sinking to 65/45 at its lowest and I really don't feel well when that happens. In the AM it's back above 100/60, but it seems really extreme. Any experience with this? Thoughts?

Yes, it is normal for BP to drop at night. Mine drops as low as yours and I was told it was in the acceptable range, but I don't feel sick. I'd ask your dr I if the numbers are too low. At my sickest I would drink a big cup of broth and a couple of glasses of water before bed, which helped with my nighttime BP.

For some reason, Tyler's is high at night but low during the day time. Which is strange but the doctor thinks his body is releasing more hormones and norephinphrine at night. This does make sense because he is in puberty. So I can understand why teenagers might have more POTS symptoms during their teenage years. Tyler is able to take the extended release clonidine at night but not during the day time. The clonidine will lower his blood pressure during the day time but not a night.

Yes, mine gets as low as 70/30's at night when I'm in bed lying down. I don't feel any worse because of it though. I guess if it's normal for BP to drop at night and we're already low to begin with, we're going to see these crazy numbers. But like Yogini said, if it's making you feel sick, maybe there are things you can do or see if your Doctor can suggest something.