Turmeric

Darlene

Just as an aside, I was taught by a homeopathic doc that one should use a tumeric supplement that has black pepper in it as something in the pepper activates the anti-inflammatory chemical in the tumeric. I don't remember what the dosage was (I had sa very strange arrhythmia from it when I took it so it was a short lived trial).

I take 1000mg of turmeric a day. It was recommended to me by a Mayo doc. I was also told that it had to contain black pepper for it to be effective. The brand I use is Doctors Best. I have been taking it for about 2 1/2 years and have not noticed any side effects from it. At this point I am taking so many supplements though I really can't say whether it makes a difference in my condition or not.

Janet

Keep us posted on how this works for you. Issie used Tumeric to help in her recovery I bumped her post up since we had so many new people on the forum. Thought maybe it might help someone else.