What's Your Pulse Pressure Like?

Freaked

That's the gap between the lower and higher BP numbers, and it often gets too narrow in POTS and other dysautonomia patients. For example I've noticed when I feel lousy mine is often in the 20-30 range (it's supposed to be over 30). This can happen just sitting up for me. Most common in hypovolemic and hyperadrenergic POTS I think.

Mine can go to 60 or more at reat when I'm in "the horrors",which is supposedly too much..,my systolic is usual fairly normal range however diastolic is way too low.Theres been alot of interest in BP pulse pressure of late as an indicator of cardiac health in otherwise normal patients,I feel that this however does not apply to us as there are other reasons why ours has such variation outside of cardiac factors.
I have had two different cardiologists assesment my hearts condition as enviable even for my relativly young age.

Our problems are autonomic and so abnormal PP ranges are proberbly not an indication of anything negative or otherwise for us.

Mine has been very narrow at times as well. Actually didn't know it was a symptom of POTS/Dysautonomia but I should have known. Makes me feel better because when I googled it and all I could find were life threatening acute cardiac conditions associated with narrow pulse pressures.

Very interesting. Had another episode tonight where my PP was like 16 and my HR was about 175. Called an ambulance cos I was alone but by the time they got there things had settled down a bit so I didn't go to hospital. Big mistake. My parents refused to bring me and said they'll have me committed if I look for help (which would ruin my career), and took my equipment away from me so I won't know what my BP's doing (lately I've been very ill and it's been all over the place). This after a doc the last day tried to get me admitted to a high dependency unit cos my readings were so weird. But anyway, I've ranted about them before :-/

Is a PP of sixteen dangerous? Maybe it isn't; it's just new for me so I find it scary. After a year I didn't think I'd still be getting new symptoms. Hopefully my cardiologist will get back to me soon and tell me if I should actually worry

16 is getting to where I would start wondering. BUT, what are you using to check it? The wrist monitors can give you readings that are off. When I wonder about what I see, I check mine manually. Often I find that it is not as bad as I thought it was.

This is something that you should discuss with your doctor though. I hope that you hear from him soon, and that he settles any concerns that you might have.

I am sorry that you are on this run of symptoms. I am there to, and I am not having fun either. Try to stay relaxed. I suspect that it becomes a cycle that is hard to get out of.