Anyone Know The Cause Of A Sudden Flare In Symptoms?

pink1975

This has been a really odd and tough couple of weeks. Prior to this I was doing better (or so I thought) and was feeling less yucky (although I never actually feel good, just less bad). Last week I started feeling more tachy and lightheaded, especially in the morning. This week, I had one morning where I actually could not stand for longer than 5 minutes without feeling like I might faint. This morning I could tell as soon as I woke up that my heart was being cranky but got out of bed anyway since I needed to get my kids to school. Heart rate shot up so I took my pulse and it was 156 just from standing (no clue how high it got from moving around), lying back down it was 120. After drinking 2 gatorade and 24 ounces of water, taking my beta blocker and a .5 mg of xanax (which is a lot for me since I usually only take .25 mg since I am extremely sensitive to medications) and about 1/4-1/2 tsp of salt I am better, a little loopy and tired from the xanax but heart is back down to 88 (which is good since I had to go to work and only 20 minutes late, lol).

Anyone have any ideas why I might be sliding backwards, or is it just the random nature of POTs?

Also, just a vent....I swear I may punch one of my coworkers if she tells me one more time how "She gets that too" or "I hate it when that happens"!

Cure for stress according to my friends is alcohol, lol. I told them if I could, I certainly wouldn't mind a couple whiskey sours or a beer or two. I actually kicked a friend out of my room one night when he was trying to help me sit/stand up because I passed out and hit the floor. He was drinking this divine dark ale, and I could smell it on his breath, and I was like "you are so cruel." He asked why, and I had to explain how hard it was to not try and kiss him because I really wanted a beer, and he smelled amazing at the time. He stepped out within my eyesight, I heard him literally gulp it down like a fish, went and grabbed and mint, and came back to me. I wanted to slap him so hard for that, lol.

I still sit there and smell the bottles if he's drinking one and I'm the same room. Everyone thinks it's odd, it just puts me in a happy place if I can't drink it.