Feeling Better And Doing More!

Angelika_23

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to come on and say Hello. I haven't been here in a while. Things have been ever-so-slowly improving for me. I didn't even notice the improvement until a phone conversation with my best friend. During the call, I told her what I had been doing and her response was, "You just listed off several things you've been doing, but you HAVEN'T told me you have been in bed for a few days." She was right, I hadn't said it because I wasn't.

I don't know why things are improving; I'm not doing anything differently. If I had to guess, I'd say that because I had a viral onset, it is slowly retreating. Dr. Grubb once told me that might be the case as viral meningitis caused my POTS.

I'm not 100%, and I still have triggers and I still have bad days. Heat still sets me off pretty quickly (it's my worst trigger.) The difference is, my bad days are nowhere near what they were even a year ago,and certainly nothing like they were 7 years ago.

Stairs are still a big challenge for me, but I'm not sure if it's because of mostly POTS, or me being de-conditioned for so long now.

I'm not here to gloat, I just want to say that there can be hope. Even if it isn't a total reversal for me, it's something. I hope that this post can give people hope that things can improve.

Angelika

Congrats! That's super news. I had noticed you hadn't been on for a long time so I'm always hopeful that means people are out living their lives and doing well. Thanks for coming back to let us know that is the case for you. Hope you continue to progress and keep on getting better. :)

Thanks everyone!

Bigskyfam, my meds are on my signature. Those are what I take daily. I should exercise regularly, but being a mom of three and being busy cuts into that, plus trying to work a little. I honestly believe what Dr. Grubb said about it receding over time, and I think I needed to give my body time to rest. It's been a long time, and I can't say I was patient at all in the beginning. This illness did teach me some valuable lessons; I learned to let go and not try to control so much. I still get funny heartbeats at times, and I still have days where I am more down than up, but I am getting back some sense of a normalcy that hasn't been there in years. My biggest problem now is dieting (I am one of the few overweight potsies) and getting enough salt. Dieting and salt don't go well together and I can definitely tell when I am low on salt. I've lost about 20 lbs (yay!) and I still have a lot to go.

Thanks again for all the support everyone!