Going To Duke For Work UP

Hi All.

Hope it was a good day for you. I am leaving Sunday to go to Duke University for a work up with a cardiologist who knows about POTS and NMH. Im making a list of what to bring and what to ask. Since I am brain damaged today i would really appreciate some help.

Name some drugs your on that help please.

Got my med records and diary of symptoms

got my med list

What questions should i ask.

It would be great to get all your input, Id really aprpreciate it.

Thanks

Janine

I would ask how many patients with POTS that cardiologist has seen and whether those patients have improved or gotten worse, or stayed the same. It might tell you a little about how much experience this particular doc has with POTS.

Amy

I agree with Amy.

You can do a quick search here on this subject, it's come up several times before. There are way too many meds to list. I would also hit the Dinet webpages to print out some of the medications they have listed. And above the forum subjects, Nina has done a great job of posting so many links that are very beneficial.

Good luck on your appointment, can't wait to hear about it when you get back.

Steph

Jan,

You are up on the cardiolical function. Perhaps asking about the brains connection in this syndrome. Dr. Low gave me Inderal, which crosses the brain

saying that it was important. I started it felt a bit better, and just had the dose increased and addes a SR so its a continual release. I almost feel human. The thyroid, yours. Perhaps, how long on a particular plan before it needs modification. Mine was 4 since I went to Mayo, and changed my Inderal dose.

And what to expect!!!!! I appreciate your posts. You are knowledgeable about cardiac issues. Your posts are helpful. Good luck. God speed Miriam :D:(B)

Thanks All I appreciate your advice. Getting nervous though. I hate all those tests. I know Im in for another tilt table wich makes me sick for days. The one advantage I have is that they cant blow smoke up my ***. So I will grill them for all the info they have and report back toyou all.

Thanks For The Support

Janine

Thanks All I appreciate your advice. Getting nervous though. I hate all those tests. I know Im in for another tilt table wich makes me sick for days. The one advantage I have is that they cant blow smoke up my ***.  So I will grill them for all the info they have and report back toyou all.

Thanks For The Support

Janine

Hi Janine,

My daughter is at the School of Medicine at Duke...could you tell me the name of the doctor that understands POTS. I would appreciate knowing so she can make contact. She won't except it but she has many of the symptoms and is heading for a crash. FYI....(We donated Dr. Grubb's book to the medical library.)

I hope you find some answers and this doctor can help you.

Karen