Any Thoughts On Healing My Gut

docradmd

I have been exercising and noticed improvement in my heart rate. I still have some blood pooling in my skin but my gut issues which started with POTS have not gotten much better. Shouldn't it all get better together? My gut only works normally when I'm laying down or on my side. It's like my entire GI system just shuts down if I'm upright or even sitting up. Did anyone's GI symptoms get better with exercise?

Have you tried a probiotic or eating greek yogert daily? My son takes a probiotic at night before going to bed. It seems to help him not feel so bloated during the day. He takes one with 30 billion cultures.

Rachel

I found exercise great for heart rate, BP and for improving fatigue, but also didn't really get any improvement with my gastrointestinal symptoms. The best thing I have found for that has been to do the FODMAP diet that was developed here in Australia by Monash University.

http://www.med.monash.edu/cecs/gastro/fodmap/

The university also have a good phone app that you can download that guides you on what foods you should avoid on the FODMAP diet.

Going into this my digestive system was a mess. With the onset of my POTS symptoms my digestive system got very slow, to not moving at all.

The movement has improved while on clonidine, and one of the reasons why I wanted to try it. I am not bloating like I was and able to get more in me.

Probiotics seams to have helped my with my other issues. Nock on wood, but my digestive system is in better shape than it was.